Southbay Friends: Boardgames & More Message Board › Anyone interested in doing Scavenger Hunt?

Anyone interested in doing Scavenger Hunt?

A former member
Post #: 36
Looking to see if people would be interest in competing in a Scavenger Hunt. Cost would be $10-15. Which helps pay for small prizes for winning teams & also other proceeds go to my Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
    How it would work
  • I'd plan for starting point to be a restaurant or park somewhere we can all meet & I can stay for 2-3 hours.
  • Teams would be divided into 3-4 people. We'd need 1 driver from every team. (those who aren't driving would be asked to pitch in by giving drive $2 for gas.)
  • Everyone is handed clues, camera (Polaroids are best because picture is immediate w/o any other steps, but camera phone works too)
  • Teams are given set amount of time in which to figure out clues and bring back items or do things on the list. Nothing would be against the law. There would be a minimal cost of retrieving items.
  • Once times up or teams finish they race back to starting location *unless otherwise given different instructions
  • If we meet at restaurant it would be best to be Sonoma Chicken Coop or Sweet Tomatoes (only because large area and people can pay their own way or not even get anything if they don't want too)
  • Teams arriving late recieve deducted points.
  • All teams are judged & winners are decided.
  • Prizes awarded

Total cost for day would be $15 - $30 (depending if you eat lunch). Would take about 4 hours total!

So anyone think they might be interested in this type of activity?
A former member
Post #: 11
Patience did this before in MixerMixer. It was really fun, but the food/meeting place was a potluck BBQ at a park in Santa Clara. VERY FUN!

Also, to reduce costs, maybe items to find should be landmarks in the area. When we did it, we needed photos of certain little places, a business card from a local shop, a fill-in-the-blank for a sign in a park, and an address number of a certain place.

If you still decide to do trinkets, I suggest collecting everything up front; 12 for stuff and 2 for gas. Then you can distribute the cash to the drivers which will make things easier.