addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay Karaoke Group Message Board › BREAKING NEWS - The End of the World Party will be held at a Private Locatio

BREAKING NEWS - The End of the World Party will be held at a Private Location to be announced shortly

Ellie
user 8947909
Group Organizer
Santa Clara, CA

Hello Karaoke fans,

Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll.  The winners were El Torito + Bogarts.  Those of you who know me, know that I take voting rights and SBK Member input very seriously.  So, we were all set to post the event (El Toritos + Bogarts) when suddenly new information came to light after the polls closed.

First, KJ Bob has advised us that karaoke at El Toritos during December is even more crowded than usual with rotation 25 + NOT INCLUDING SBK Members.  So, our Members ran the risk of singing only one song or possibly not singing any songs at El Toritos if we proceeded with that part of the plan.

Second, after the polls were closed, a new option became available which was not known to us when we created the poll.  And had we known about this option, honestly, there would have been no need for the poll.  Basically, SBK has been given the amazing opportunity to have a semi-PRIVATE party with a room mostly to ourselves with a ready-made karaoke system and a volunteer KJ in place.  Oh, and did I mention that the room & these services come FREE OF CHARGE because we are invited guests?  The only thing we have to do is pay for our drinks at the bar.  We can also make this a potluck event too.

And so, I'm making an executive decision to schedule our End of the World Party at this private location.  Those of you who attended the New Year's Eve Party last year know where it is located and how awesome it is.  Due to restrictions on this location's alcohol license, we may not post the address on the web page.  However, once you RSVP to this event, you will be provided with the address.  Your only cost is whatever you bring to the party and what you buy from the bar.

Please keep in mind that there are always other options available for Members who want to sing at other locations.  El Toritos of course has karaoke 6-9.  Bogarts will have karaoke until 1:30 a.m., and so will the Oasis, the Sherwood Inn, Goosetown, El Palanque, and many more.  Everyone is free to spend their (potential) last days on Earth at whatever Karaoke venue they choose.  As for me, I am gonna party down with my SBK friends in the private place until they kick us out.  Come sing with me if you dare! :)

And of course, we have more events on the calendar to close out fantastic 2012 with a bang!

See you at the next meetup.

Take care,

Ellie