The Bolton Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › ?How much does it cost? ?How good does my Spanish need to be?

?How much does it cost? ?How good does my Spanish need to be?

A former member
Post #: 176
I get regular queries of this nature, and having just replied to one, I thought it might be helpful to repeat my reply below. Any queries, do please contact me. Moira
The membership is free, but for about 14 weeks of the year I charge 50p per person per meeting. This covers the charge I have to pay to MeetUp.com twice a year. I have just paid at the end of November, so until I have recouped the charge (which gets cheaper each year as the dollar weakens against the pound!), I ask for 50p. Just as soon as I have recouped this payment, and this happens quite quickly because I have 3 different Meetjups and there is only one charge, there is no fee until the next time I have to pay (end of May). Hope this clears this up. As far as your Spanish is concerned, it sounds as if you are more or less the same level as I am. I find everyone extremely helpful, and the Manchester Group is great because we have a large proportion of Spaniards and Latin Americans. It is a very friendly, relaxed affair, and meeting so many different people from so many different countries (we also have French, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilians, Dutch, Austrian!! though of course not everyone comes to each meeting). I find it very rewarding, and also helps my Spanish no end!