The New Orleans Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › Suggesting a Meetup

Suggesting a Meetup

Lorraine L.
user 6527877
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Hey everyone--

There seems to be a bit of confusion about how our Spanish Language Meetup works with regarding to setting up and suggesting Meetups.

As your Organizer and Queen, I am the only person who can create and announce a Meetup.

All of you members can, however, SUGGEST a Meetup event--and that can be just about anything, such as Steven's book group, dinner, dancing, karaoke, films, etc. etc.  You can go to the website and SUGGEST the Meetup, filling in all the details such as location, date, time, event description, how many can attend, etc. etc.

BUT in order for this to become an official MEETUP for our group you must email me and let me know that you have posted a suggested event.  I will then check it out, make sure it doesn't conflict with anything else we have going on, that it's appropriate for the website, etc.  And then I will happily announce it to the group.  If there seems to be a problem with the event, I will contact you and we will resolve the issue.

I request that you all please have the courtesy to contact me immediately when you have posted a suggested Meetup.  This will help avoid confusion and give us all the opportunity to meetup to our hearts' content.  I am ultimately responsible for managing the group and for whatever appears on our site.

Thank you all.  Hasta luego.

Lorraine