Santa Monica Spirituality Meetup Group Message Board › Invite to A Course in Miracles - Tomorrow Night

Invite to A Course in Miracles - Tomorrow Night

David
DavidSpetner
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
A Course in Miracles
We Are the Light of the World

• I'd like to invite you to attend A Course in Miracles that I teach every Wed night in West LA.                           Absolutely no experience required.
    Below is the topic we'll be discussing.  More info at:  www.meetup.com/acourseinmiracleswestsid­e/events/149505922/
    Any questions, please contact me:
    David Spetner - dspetner@beachnet.com - (310) 739 9806
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013
    7:30 PM to 9:00 PM

• The GATEWAY / a Portal for Growth & Wellness
    2511 S. Barrington Ave, Ste 100
    (NW intersection of Gateway Bl, 2nd Fl by elevator or stairs)
    West Los Angeles, CA (edit map)
    We'll either be at the top of the stairs in Suite 100 or in the big room on the ground floor that opens to the street. There will be signs on the doors when you get there.

• Price: $15.00/per person
    Refund policy

• WE ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
    We didn’t create our function. It is what God gave us.  It may sound arrogant but actually it is the opposite of arrogance, pride, or self-deception. The ego sees it as self-glorification but that is because the ego does not understand the true meaning of humility. Humility consists of us accepting our role in the salvation of the world, but the ego wants to trick us. It tells us not to take this role, but what creature or being other than us has the power and ability to uplift ourselves into being more giving, caring and loving? Who but us can repair the world and add to it in a more productive way? If we remember that our function is to be the Light of the World, then we are guided not to take from others, or struggle to have more than the other, but rather to uplift one another. If you accept being the Light of the World as your every day role, you are bound to be a positive, loving force in the world.
    ---------------
    It is not necessary to read the book or have any prior knowledge of A Course in Miracles to participate and appreciate our discussion. This Course is appropriate for beginners as well as the experienced. For those who do want to study this in the book, please see the Daily Lessons, #61-I am the light of the world through #65-My only function is the one God gave me, which in my edition is in the WORKBOOK section starting on page 102.
    ------------------
    A NOTE ABOUT THE COURSE...

Please note that although the word "Course" is in the title, you do not have to sign up for a series. Each meeting is an entity unto its own, so please come join us at any time. The cost of each individual class is $15, however if you pay for four classes in advance, it is $12.  The advance dates you pay for do not have to be consecutive dates.