LCS Volunteer Guidelines & EthicsPlease read carefully before signing up to volunteer for an LCS event.
As of 4th February 2015
Thank you for choosing to volunteer for London College of Spirituality!
We are endlessly grateful for your support and assistance as we are working passionately to bring spirituality back to people and help awaken London, one person at a time, to a more heart-centered and fulfilling way of living and co-creating.
Volunteering for LCS is a beautiful opportunity for you to give back to the society, open your heart by practicing selfless service and play a vital part in raising consciousness, spreading messages of love, unity and wisdom to the greater community.
These guidelines have been created for you to better understand your Role and how you can help create a better experience for LCS audience and help us take LCS events to a new level of professionalism and completion.
PLEASE NOTE that when signing up and agreeing to volunteer for LCS events, these LCS Volunteer Guidelines and Ethics are to be observed. Many thanks for reading this, this allows each of our events to run smoothly and above all else have integrity as we all work from the heart.
Note: For those who do not follow these basic ethics may be excluded from participating in current or future events.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LCS Volunteer Role
LCS Volunteer Guidelines & EthicsRepresenting LCS
- Providing assistance and support during LCS events
- Being a face of and representing LCS
- Creating loving, open and accepting environment for LCS audience
- Reporting to the LCS Team
Attendance & Time-Keeping
- We ask you to act in the best interest of the London College of Spirituality, to represent the group at all times.
- Please adhere to high standards of Integrity including honesty, fairness, communication.
- Your Health. If you are not feeling well, either physically or emotionally, please let the LCS Team know well enough before the event. Your emotional well-being is important!
- Please be warm and inviting with the audience at all times for the loving and supportive space to be created and held throughout the event. Volunteers on the registration are the first contact our audience have for the whole of LCS.
- Please respectfully refrain from conversing excessively with fellow Volunteers or Friends while on duty. We usually have a queue of people entering the space so need to give our full attention and presence to our audience and smooth running of the event.
- Please hold all communications with audience, fellow Volunteers and Events Coordinators/Managers in a loving, polite and respectful manner. If any issues arise please contact the LCS Team immediately.
Cancellations & No Shows
- Volunteers will be available to volunteer at least once in 6 months. To keep this group relevant and moving, members of Community Volunteers Group on meetup who have been inactive for 6+ months will be removed from the group with an opportunity to re-join when circumstances change and they are able to commit to one event per month.
- Please only RSVP for volunteering at an event only if you are 100% sure you can attend.
- Volunteers are committed to the arrival time requested on the Event they are signed up to. This is essential to us being able to run the event.
- Always communicate with the LCS Team if you are late providing estimated time of arrival and a reason for being late.
- Only Volunteers who have RSVP’ed and are on the list for a specific event are to assist at the event. If you haven’t RSVP’ed (are not on the list) but are available and willing to help at an event, please inform the LCS Team and follow their instructions. If extra help is required you will be given a task, otherwise, you will be a payable guest on that specific event.
Please note these conditions below allow us to keep a committed group of volunteers, and is due to many events of no-shows and cancellations from volunteers previously.
General – Event Related
- Please communicate with the Event Host at least 24h before the event if you need to cancel your participation in the event.
- Those who cancel twice within 24 hours, without notifying us will be removed from the group.
- Volunteers who RSVP Yes, and do not show up, without changing their RSVP, will be removed from the group.
- In cases when there are Waiting Lists on our Volunteer events - we give priority to those volunteers who had never cancelled with us. Cancellation being cases when volunteers sign up for an event and then change their RSVP to No either on the day of event or earlier, or don't show up to an event.
Participation in the Event
- Please read Event’s description prior to event before an event to help you understand what is happening that evening, as many of our group may ask you questions! Please of course liaise with LCS Team members for questions you do not know the answer to.
- Volunteers are asked not allow audience members to enter for a limited period of time to ‘see if they like the event before deciding to come in or not’. Instead, you will explain what the event is about from the Event Description if needed.
- Please only allow in guests who are on the Registration Lists. Those who are not on Registration Lists, will be politely asked to wait and see if free spots are available closer to the Event start time.
Promotion or Practice of Personal Work
- Volunteers are granted free access to the Event they volunteer for.
- Please understand that there may not be full Active participation in the event when on duty. If your particular task requires you to be on duty throughout the event or for the most part of the event, you will not be able to take an active part in the event. You will be notified about the possibility to participate in the event on the day of event by the LCS Team.
- Volunteers are expected to be available and on call throughout the event.
- Please do not market or promote your personal work while on duty.
- Please do not practice your personal work or skills (e.g. energy work) while on duty or while attending events without permission of the LCS Team as this may interfere with the practice of facilitator.
- Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single LCS member, volunteer, audience member, or other person or involves LCS overall.
- By RSVP’ing to volunteer at an LCS event, LCS Volunteers confirms that LCS Volunteer Guidelines & Ethics have been read fully and agrees to follow them at all times.
- We ask all who are part of our community to be in regular practice of self-reflection and self-development. All LCS Volunteers are representing the message LCS is portraying to the wider society.
- LCS Organisers are here to serve you as you help us serve our greater community. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please feel free to email email@example.com or speak to us on the day of the event.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thank you for observing LCS Volunteer Guidelines & Ethics ~
This allows us all to experience a magnificent event - where thousands of people in London are able to awaken to their Divinity, because of you!
We LOVE our Volunteers, and as and when they come in, we offer freebies and socials to keep this community loved.. Thank you eternally for your time.
~ With Love and Blessings, LCS Team ~