Hi everyone! Welcome to Spoolin' Around!
What are we about? We concentrate on garment sewing because there seems to be a lot of support for quilting, but not for garment sewists.
What do we do each week? Sometimes there is an agenda for part of the time--at requests of memebers ---and then generally we sew whatever you want to work on. If you need help with a project, bring it. If you want to learn to sew, let me know. If you need help with a machine or serger, bring it with the instruction manual. If you want to come and just have some fun, that's fine too!!!
To make things clear, I want to state the rules/guidelines
1. I do not charge any dues. There may be charges for special events, but that would be it.
2. I realize not everyone can come in the evenings or in the afternoon, so there are Tuesday evening meetings and Wednesday afternoon meetings. Since most people who come in the evening are coming from work, please just come here and dinner will be served so you do not need to run around trying to find something to eat. I want you to get off from work, and relax. Feel free to go to whatever meeting works for you. You may come on a Tuesday and then the next time come on a Wednesday. You do not have to just commit yourself to one time. Please note---there is a start time of 5:00 pm for the Tuesday meetings. That is just a general time. If you come at 6:00 that is fine, if you come at 7:15, that is fine. Not everyone gets off from work at the same time so to set a start time in stone seems unnecessary. I will keep the food hot!
3. Please RSVP that you are coming to a meeting. It just helps me to know what I need to have to be prepared. If you RSVP'd a "yes" and then something came up, please change your RSVP.
4. If you have not come to a meeting in 3 months from the time you joined or last attended, I will delete you from the group. If you haven't come in that amount of time I am assuming you are not interested in being a part of the group.
5. The meetings are held at my house, so if you need directions, please let me know!!
6. The final rule (if you can call the above "rules")----come and expect to have a great time---because you will!