The Stockholm Expat Meetup Group Message Board › Higher education in Stockholm (MSc or EMBA)

Higher education in Stockholm (MSc or EMBA)

A former member
Post #: 4
Hej,

I have been part of this group for a while but didn't manage to join events due to my all-time-consuming studies and part-time jobs. I know there are many professionals out here, so I figured that someone might be interested. I am currently studying at Stockholm School of Economics. So I know everything about any Master program at SSE back and forth. If you ever considered doing your Masters in business (which is still free for EU citizens), feel free to ask me any questions.

At the same time, I am doing research for the SSE MBA Executive Format. So if you have worked for a while and would like to go back and get an MBA but you don't know where to start, I can answer your questions as well. In addition, on May 6 and 19 the SSE Executive MBA program is having an information session where you can meet alumni, faculty and other potential participants. Register on the website and come by! Breakfast is served. http://www.hhs.se/Edu...­

Mvh,
Egle

A former member
Post #: 7
I received a couple personal messages but I figured that I can post some answers here too. The program at glance:

-Small and exclusive with a General Management focus.
-Experienced participants (average age 39).
-Delivered in an executive format, enabling working professionals to combine work and studies on a part-time basis over two full years.
-Sixteen course weeks, adding up to a total of 80 contact days.
-Location: Stockholm, Sweden. One field trip to SSE campus in Riga or Russia (St Petersburg or Moscow) and one additional international field trip. This year was the Silicon Valley.
-Conducted in English.
-One start per year in January.
-Application deadlines June 1, September 15 and November 15 the year before.
-TOEFL/IELTS and GMAT required.

This information can be found online (www.hhs.se/mba) but something that I might add is that such a program is a great platform of meeting other people in high positions but perhaps different industries and sharing experiences and solving problems that their companies face. The week long program in each segment (instead of weekend classes) really allows an interaction with the fellow participants and gives an opportunity to buiding networks. From what I see and hear, participants spend so much time together and they become really close to each other. And knowing high quality people in other industries could become invaluable! Overall, it is quite a challenging program especially trying to balance your personal life, work and the intensive program.

So the question is basically whether you can take up a challenge and whether you have the skills to convince your employer to sponsor you! In the end it is completely worth it. The personal and professional growth is immense.