At the August meeting we will be meeting with candidates for Sunnyvale City Council and voting to endorse Democratic candidates according to the
endorsement process approved earlier this spring.
We would like to know from you what questions we should ask the Democratic candidates during the interview process.
To review how things will go at the endorsement meeting:
- FIRST (as soon as possible) we will send the candidates a brief questionnaire;
- SECOND, the candidates will answer and we'll post the candidate's answers to the questionnaire by Friday, 8/26;
- THIRD, we will interview each candidate, one at a time, without other candidates present on Sunday 8/28 at our meeting;
- FOURTH, the members in good standing will caucus on the candidates on Sunday 8/28 at our meeting. To be a member in good standing you must be current in your dues and you must have attended at least one meeting prior to the endorsement meeting.
It is for this THIRD step that we are looking for your questions. Feel free to suggest specific questions on issues you care about, behavioral questions to get at the candidate's character, or other questions that you think would be appropriate.
Please keep in mind:
- The Executive Committee will select the questions we ask from the ones you suggest. So feel free to suggest questions, even if you are not sure about them!
- We will be asking the same questions of each candidate during the interviews. So, your questions should be applicable to all city council candidates.
- We will not be sharing the list of questions with the candidates before the interviews.
Let us hear your suggestions by FRIDAY, AUGUST 21st! Please send them to Kohl Gill at
Sequence of events at the endorsement meeting on Sunday, August 28th:
11:45 a.m. Open registration. Members get current on their dues for voting. 11:45 a.m. Open meeting
12:05 p.m. Presentations by non-Democrats
12:20 p.m. Start interviews of Democratic candidates
3 p.m. Close registration and close meeting to non-members. Start discussions and caucuses
3:50 p.m. Recap results, make announcements