The Indianapolis Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › H20 sushi review

H20 sushi review

Dan
user 2928416
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 17
Ok, I've been such a slacker and not gotten around to this. Bad me....

Julia, Martin, Karyn, Susan and I met for dinner at H20. A great time was had by all, Susan seemed to be having an especially good time with her Plum wine cocktail decorated with a slice of blood orange...

Food A-:

Lots of interesting rolls, everything was very good. Strangely enough, the best thing I had was desert. They make their own ice cream and I tried the star anise flavored ice cream. It was really unusual and very good. Not for people who don't like licorice.

Service A:

Very good service, helpful, cheerful...

Price C+:

Ok, I know Karyn was glad the rolls were small and easier to handle but I thought it was pricy considering quantity.

Atmosphere B:

A bit loud but they did turn the music down when I asked. The place is decorated pretty nicely.. I was wondering if it used to be a trendy coffee shop though.

Overall B:

The biggest problem with H20 is that to get there I'd either pass Sakura (10 blocks Northeast) or Naked Tchopstix (10 blocks west) and I'd not pass either by to go back here.. Unless I was just after more of that star anise ice cream!
A former member
Post #: 2
Actually lived around the corner when younger, Broad Ripple Park next door, and walked past it going to the old library. Use to be a run down strip mall (very small) but interesting shops. They then remodeled the whole thing. But in H2Os place was a second hand bookstore.