Silicon Valley Embedded Systems Meetup Group Message Board › Talks on Cortex-M3
Santa Clara, CA
The first talk on July 10 will cover the following topics:
1. Why you should switch from [pick your favorite MCU] to ARM.
2. Which Cortex-M3 micro-controller to use and why (IMHO anyway)
3. What development boards/tools for beginners and more advanced users.
4. Simple introduction to the software.
5. First embedded program: to flash the LEDs (GPIO) and perhaps an USART example.
This is more for beginners who wish to start ARM development. It doesn't even scratch the surface of the subject.
If there is enough interest. I intend to have more talks to cover the following. Note this is all without using an operating system, so we are down to the level closest to hardware.
1. General Input/Output (GPIO)
2. USART (serial)
4. Unique ID
6. Realtime Clock/Calendar
9. Watchdogs (independent/window)
10. EXTI - External Interrupt
11. LCD display/Touch Screen
13. PVD (Programmable Voltage Detector)
14. Sleep/Stop/Standby Modes
16. SPI and Sensors
17. I2S Audio
18. Wireless (with external 315M and 2.4G modules)
19. USB Mouse and Keyboard
20. USB DFU (device firmware upgrade)
21. USB HID
22. USB Virtual COM Port
23. USB PCM Audio
24. Ethernet - Telnet
25. Ethernet - HTTP (i.e., control hardware via a web browser!)
26. Ethernet - TFTP
27. USB Host
28. Running an OS on Cortex-M3
Edited by Alan Xiao on Jul 9, 2011 6:30 PM