Are ready to jump into a startup but worried about healthcare? What about the new ACA law that goes into effect Jan 1, 2014?
Healthcare Reform is here to stay. Implementation is bringing the largest shift in health insurance delivery since the 1960's. The political debates of the last four years have left the public very confused and misinformed about the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
California is the first state in the Country to move forward with a new insurance marketplace called Covered California. In this new marketplace (insurance exchange), individuals, families and small businesses can purchase health insurance.
• Which level of coverage, which plan, which provider(s), what subsidies, how much exposure to out-of-pocket expenses and how much do I want to pay?
• Should I keep my grandfathered coverage, and should I buy through Covered California or on the open market?
• Should I offer coverage to my employees, or drop coverage and encourage my employees to buy individual coverage through Covered California?
• What new options will you have as a startup?
Jason Andrew, CEO and Founder of Stone Meadow Benefits, provide answers to the above questions, to assist you in deciding what plans will work best for you, your family, and your startup.
This is a peer to peer Learn and Share event with limited space.
Please RSVP early and cancel your RSVP if you cannot attend.
• Introductions each attendee describes briefly who they are, their startup, and the what they want to gain from attending.
• We address the items in a roundtable format and encouraging questions and answers from other founders.
If you are looking to pick up lunch and parking, Specialty's Cafe & Bakery is next door to Hacker Dojo at 645 Ellis St.