Tacoma Night Out Message Board › Songs of Hope, Haiti Orphan Relief Sunday 1/24/10 @ The Swiss in Tacoma from

Songs of Hope, Haiti Orphan Relief Sunday 1/24/10 @ The Swiss in Tacoma from 3P-12A

A former member
Post #: 67
Some of you may know that I've been connected to Haiti for awhile through my fundraising, my visit last summer during which I provided mental health consultation to BRESMA orphanage, and through my adoption process. When I heard about the quake I immediately went into action to organize fundraising and advocacy. Fortunately, the organizations that I'm connected with are doing an awesome job advocating for the orphans and, I trust, will continue to do so.

I would love it if my fellow misers on FB would fan our fundraising page at:
http://www.facebook.c...­

And I would love it even more if you would attend next Sunday's fundraising event at The Swiss. It's going to be a musical extravaganza and we all know that music is vegan! Right! Here is the link for the event: http://www.facebook.c...­

If you cannot attend, I kindly ask that you make a donation to Answered Prayers. They are a 100% volunteer run and on-the-ground nonprofit that makes every penny of your donation go toward the kids. There have been a few interviews of BRESMA in Haiti and of parents here. You can see how incredibly well the kids look and appear in spite of the trauma and how confident we all are of the care that Jamie and Ali provide the kids. You can make a donation at: www.answeredprayers2.org (DONATE link is at top left) or mail a check to: Answered Prayers, c/o Kris Baker, Chair of the Board, 677 Pend Oreille Loop, Colville, WA 99114.

Now if you would like this to be an official event, let's make it so! (-;

See you all Sunday!

Ana