addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Tarrant County Libertarian Meetup Message Board › Issues Poll: Other

Issues Poll: Other

A former member
Post #: 2
If there is an issue that you consider important and it's not listed on the poll, please list it here along with your rank.
John S.
spijo03
Colleyville, TX
These items kind of fall under the 'Crime' and 'Civil Liberties' banners - but War on Drugs and Personal Privacy are two of my two 'hotbutton' issues...
Funny - because I don't use drugs and really don't do anything really that requires tons of privacy... I just think those are two areas our government gets a failing grade.
Mickey
user 7507268
Carrollton, TX
The Drug War is a civil liberties issue, but is a significant enough sub-issue to warrant its own spot on the poll. Also, monetary policy should be included.
A former member
Post #: 5
I agree completely that both Privacy as well as the War on Drugs are significant enough to warrant their own spot on the poll. However do to the constraints of Meetup.com, I had to be pretty broad with the categories so that the poll would be as inclusive as possible. This is also the reason why I made "Other" an option as well as starting a discussion here so that the "other" issues wouldn't be ignored.

Monetary policy is a good issue that I haven't considered when creating the poll. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just a head's up: I'll probably leave the poll open until a week after the next meetup. As of right now, civil liberties has a strong lead over government budgetery with education rounding out the top three.

Also, here is some reasoning behind why I am polling the group about issues. I would like to maybe have a weekly or biweekly (or possibly just worked into our regular meetups), workshop/seminar session dealing with the "important" issues. This would be a time where we could introduce new ideas, rehash the old ones and hopefully become more enlightened in the process.