add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Bay Area Techies Meetup! Message Board › July 4th weekend - Plans ?

July 4th weekend - Plans ?

A former member
Hey Guys :

I was thinking we could do something local for the July 4th weekend..maybe a daytrip as like I mentioned before I don't have the time to organize out of town trips but if any of you are willing to organize a trip,please let me know or post on the message board.

I am thinking of some options

1. One day Wine tasting trip to Napa.

2. A drive along 1 to Big Sur and back the same day.

3. A 2 day trip to Monterey and Big Sur but we have to really drive our own cars and make room bookings (I mean folks have to write to each other that sign up and coordinate this) - We can stop at Gilroy Gardens and then head to Monterey.In Monterey we could catch the sunset and have dinner and then head to Big Sur the next day and catch some scenic spots,take a hike etc.. and head back.

4. Some folks were suggesting camping which seems like a great idea but I need volunteers to organize that and I am not sure how easy it would be to get good camping spots this late.

Let me know if any of you have any suggestions and if any of the above appeal to you.

Please speak up as I will never know what you like until you tell me :)

I am posting this on the message board and if any of you have any suggestions,please post on the message board but if you have any suggestions remember you will also atleast have to volunteer to organize it partly :)

A former member
Post #: 25

If any of you like narrow gauge trains, there are a couple I can suggest.
One in Felton, check out http://www.roaringcam...­
The other one is in Fort Bragg, http://www.skunktrain...­

I will be out of town, so I won't be able to organize it. :)