Join us to participate in a productive conversation about the women in tech community in Baltimore.
- How can we engage more women to participate in the broader tech scene?
- What resources are available to women in tech, and what resources do we want to create?
- How we can all work together toward strengthening the community and sustaining it beyond infrequent gatherings?
- Where can we look for best practices of other WIT communities along the Northeast Corridor? (see: Philly's annual Women in Tech Summit)
In the lead up to Baltimore Innovation Week, we'll discuss the possibility of putting together a larger women in tech event with high-quality targeted programming, including technical workshops, lectures, panel discussions and plenty of great networking opportunities.
We'll have a roundtable discussion with community and business leaders who have been involved in this community in varying capacities, including:
- Monica Beeman started Women.Tech, a resource for women engaged in technology who are looking for advice, networking, and education.
- Monyka Berrocosa is the founder of MyCity4Her.com, a national media company based in Baltimore that is dedicated to serving the unique and growing needs of women business owners, female entrepreneurs and executives.
- Kate Bladow is the Founder and Principal Strategist at Powered Pursuits. She is an involved community member who works with nonprofit organizations to expand their reach through technology.
- Catharine Robertson is a senior web analyst and information architect with The Berndt Group in Baltimore. She works with local and national clients in healthcare, finance, retail, education, media, technology, and the arts. Catharine is also the founder and host of the Baltimore UX Book Club and a writer/producer/performer of comedy and variety shows.
Beverages will be provided. Space is very limited, please RSVP early.
Follow the conversation #BmoreWIT