addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Wilderness First Aid class

Wilderness First Aid class

A former member
Post #: 30
Seems like a good idea.

Click here for more info.
frank
user 9194737
Alameda, CA
Post #: 70
Also Bobbi Foster is teaching the class and she is the best.
Ron W.
ronewolf
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 44
I've took this the course several years ago. I encourage everyone who gets out to remote locations to take the course. Most of what you will learn is assessment, communication, and to not make things worse. Little will be actually about giving aid as the critical skills are assessing rather than doing. So you won't be rigging stretchers and such. On the other hand, the class had was attended by many professional First Responders - and that was inspiring in many ways. Classroom time was complimented by many situational simulations - I very much appreciated the humbling opportunity to practice response to these sometimes tricky situations, and to hear critique. As a result, I have been much better prepared for the couple of situations encountered since taking the class.
Paul D.
svimages
San Jose, CA
Post #: 29
For those of you who can't make the April 16/17 dates of the above class check out the following opportunities listed at the NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute HERE.

I agree with the others that this is valuable training and encourage anyone who spends time in locations 3 hours or more away from emergency services to take one of these classes.