Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Spring Back Packing Lost Coast

Spring Back Packing Lost Coast

Bonnie
user 58369552
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I would like to join you on this trip!

I have a 4wd vehicle and could take three others. It's an extended cab pick up and the back seat would not be the most comfortable especially for a 6+ hour drive. But it could hold a lot of gear, so the people could ride in another vehicle and the gear and 1 other in mine.

I live in San Francisco.
Greg L.
user 50924382
Oakland, CA
Post #: 6
Thanks for the details regarding rattlesnakes and poison oak didjmunkey. I'm very good at avoiding poison oak that borders the trail. Thanks especially for your description that at this time of year on Buck Creek Trail that that poison oak will overtake the trail in parts. For that reason I'm going to bow out as I easily get severe bouts of poison oak. Sadly I'm now going to pass on this trip, at least at this time of year. If anyone has recent information about the poison oak trail condition that contradicts this, please let me know because otherwise I'd really love to join this outing.
A former member
Post #: 4
Thats a bummer
didjmunkey
user 8071751
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 13
I noticed there was some concern about 4WD, the Matthole trailhead is easily accessible to passenger cars, definitely no worries there. There is a shortcut between matthole and shelter cove, that is a little on the rough side(cobble stony), but 4 hikers plus gear wedged into a little honda civic made it just fine.
Harry N.
NWhkr
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Just came across this and I have been looking to do the Lost Cost. I am up for this and the schedule works too. Let me know and I can do some more homework and planning:).
cheers
Fred R.
user 7992128
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 7
Must bow out. Can't find RSVP link to change response.

Fred