align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Spring is here.

Spring is here.

Miles
user 5685298
San Francisco, CA
Howdy all.

Well, I hope everyone had a good winter, better than mine at least. Swamped with work and sick or recovering from being sick for a total of almost 6(!!!) weeks it wasn't exactly what I had planned. I did manage to get some good days in skiing and snowshoeing though so it wasn't too bad. But enough about me...

I've posted a bunch trips, one every three weeks or so. They're all three day trips starting on Friday except for Shasta which will be one or two days. All of the trips I've posted have multiple options, I'll try to narrow down which option we'll take soon based on your feedback as I need to start working on permits. I was going to list the trips and the options but it's probably easier for you to just go to the site and read them. Bay Area Backcountry Buddies There will also be some weekend trips that I'll post but usually only a few weeks beforehand.

As always please feel free to contact me with any ideas or suggestions. Especially ideas for trips. I'd really like it if this meetup could be about more than just 'what trip is Miles going on'. With that in mind if anyone wants to organize a trip or two with people from the group just let me know, I'll make you an assistant organizer. This goes especially for those who want to backpack at lower elevations. You're not going to ever get me to go on that trip to Ventana. I'm sure it would be a great trip but I'm not interested if it's lower than 5000 ft. So step up and do a little organizing, I'll even help if need be. It's pretty easy and in general everyone I've met on a meetup trip has been perfectly good company.

Also, make use of the message board. Want to find someone to go on a trip with? There's a bunch of people who want to go backpacking and they're just a couple e-mails away.

Let's get out there!
Cheers!
-Miles
Garth B.
user 9351732
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
When you say starting Friday, sounds like you're talking about starting Friday morning, as opposed to driving to a starting point Friday evening? Important distinction for those of me with the flexibility to leave work a couple hours early, but few full vacation days.

Garth
Miles
user 5685298
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 10
Garth,
Yes, they are 3 full day trips. Means leaving taking a weekday off, either driving up FIRST thing in the morning Friday or leaving Thursday.

There will be some weekend trips posted but I'm not sure when, I'm looking booked for just about every weekend of the summer at the moment. Maybe I can find someone else to lead some.

-Miles