addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Looking for a partner for the JMT

Looking for a partner for the JMT

A former member
Post #: 4
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone who is interested in hiking the JMT this summer. My dates are July 18th-August 16. In 2006, I hiked the JMT North to South, so this time I'd like to enter below Whitney--like Cottonwood Meadow--and go from Whitney to Yosemite.

This could be fun in a group of 2 or as many as 4. I'd like to start with around 6 or 8 miles a day and then average 13-14. I was hoping a few fearless females might be interested in making this trek with me. I'm experienced in planning for a long thru-hike and can be helpful with the planning.

If you're interested, we go on some local hikes or small trips out to the Sierra and see if we might be good backpacking partners.

Anyone know of any other good sites for looking for Thru-hiking partners?
Cheers,
Kallista
frank
user 9194737
Alameda, CA
Post #: 13
There is a Yahoo Group that is dedicated to the JMT.

http://groups.yahoo.c...­

I don't know if you have any experience with Yahoo Groups but this one has a lot of good info BUT I recommend that when you join you opt out of 'individual emails' and just read the Posts from the Homepage. There is just a lot of activity on this Group especially this time of the year.

I've been back to King's Canyon the past two weekends and snow level is about 10000 feet and melting very fast. Road is open to Horseshoe Meadow.

Don't know if you have ever been to Horseshoe but it is very isolated road. If you need to hitch back there try to do it on a weekend when there is some traffic. Otherwise it can be tough.