addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Residents and vistors required to register guns in Omaha

Residents and vistors required to register guns in Omaha

Glen F.
user 11731625
Springfield, NE
Post #: 188
If you live in Omaha and own a gun or if you visit Omaha and bring a gun, you are legally required to register that gun with the Omaha Police Department. If you don't register the gun, and the police find it, you are guilty of a misdemeanor and the gun may be confiscated.

However, if you have a concealed carry permit, you don't need to register your gun with OPD.

For more information about obtaining a concealed carry permit, contact Ken Merkel at (402)333-4509. His class is very informative and well worth the time and money spent to become better informed about gun laws and gun safety.
paul h.
user 24727732
Omaha, NE
Post #: 2
All Omaha Ordinances (Gun Restrictions) only apply on land that is owned by The United States of America within the boundaries of Nebraska, within the Jurisdiction of Omaha (which is undefined).
Paul, Lawyer
It must be presented as a "written" Territorial Jurisdiction "Challenge" / not motion.
Glen F.
user 11731625
Springfield, NE
Post #: 189
That's an interesting perspective. Wouldn't the 2nd amendment apply to the entire United States, not just the land owned by the U.S. government?

But here we have this Omaha gun registration issue which even affects people that don't live in Omaha. I only recently became aware of this and thought I'd pass it along to anyone else who might be interested. People need to learn more about this issue so they can make an informed decision.

Anyone that has a handgun might want to seriously consider getting a concealed carry permit, even if they never intend to carry. Training about gun laws and gun safety are worth the investment of time and money.

http://opd.ci.omaha.n...­

1. Who is required to register concealable firearms with the City of Omaha/Omaha Police Department?
Omaha Municipal Code 20-251 requires that all concealable inside the city limits of Omaha be registered. Regardless of where a person resides, concealable firearms inside the city of Omaha are required to be registered with the Omaha Police Department.
Persons whom are valid Nebraska CCW permit holders (or any other State which Nebraska has reciprocity with) are not required to register firearms and can be in possession of concealable firearms which are not registered.

4. I am a resident of the City of Omaha and wish to purchase a handgun. What do I do?
Your first step is to go to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and apply for a handgun purchase certificate. With that certificate in hand, you can then go to the dealer of your choice and select the weapon you wish to purchase.

The dealer may then give you the paperwork necessary to register the concealable firearm with the OPD's Central Headquarters located at 505 South 15th Street, (402) 444-5818.

The concealable firearm will be delivered to you by the dealer once you return with the registration card. You can schedule an appointment to register your concealable firearm at the same location.
Glen F.
user 11731625
Springfield, NE
Post #: 190
Concealed carry can make a difference...

http://easybakegunclu...­
paul h.
user 24727732
Omaha, NE
Post #: 3
The City of Omaha is a corporation pursuant to the State of Nebraska, and the State that is the State of Nebraska, is an inseparable part of the US, and the US only "constitutes" land that is "of" the US "Seat of Government" and "Places purchased" by The United States of America". See Article I, Section 8, (par.17) United States Constitution, September 17, 1787.
Also see freeinhabitant.info - specifically "territorial" jurisdiction.
All other land is outside of the US. Ask for a map of the City of Omaha, or any boundary and they will not give you one. I have been in court hundreds of times and know for a fact,
Darlene E.
user 14539080
Omaha, NE
Post #: 303
Thanks everyone for posting this information and I find this all very disturbing.
A former member
Post #: 1,324
I think Omaha's handgun registration should be abolished or Nebraska's public document laws need to change. Those gun registrations can currently be put online exposing everyone who does not have one.

click here
paul h.
user 24727732
Omaha, NE
Post #: 4
"City of Omaha" is just a in-house view (title/identifier) of governed land by written law, it is not what appears as you come in view of Omaha. It (jurisdiction of State of Nebraska Legislative law) only applies to land within its exclusive Legislative jurisdiction per the US Constitution, no more no less. Stay off USA owned land when in "Omaha" and the gun restriction does not have effect, jet common law always does. Lawyer Paul Hansen
see/google = freeinhabitant, hansen.