The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Abolish the Nebraska income tax!

Abolish the Nebraska income tax!

Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,325
I hope everyone is contacting their state senator to support Governor Heineman's effort to abolish the state income tax. Please get your friends to do the same.

Click here
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,326
Why are only 9 people in this group interested in abolishing the income tax?
Marjie
user 10257032
Wilber, NE
Post #: 293
I went to the hearing on Wednesday. Senator Harr actually brought up a question on carbon emissions. Thank God the testifier was bold enough to say he didn't know how Senator Harr got to that but carbon emissions was unrelated to the discussion of tax reform. A big red flag came up for me. Senator Harr might be someone promoting Agenda 21? Just something to watch out for.

By all means please contact your senators and thank Gov. Heideman for bringing the 5 billion sales tax exemptions into the light for the Nebraska citizens. It was said that if we eliminate the exemptions our state sales tax could be 3.5%. Our biggest obstical is the high paid lobbyist for the businesses fighting to keep exemptions. They need to hear from the citizens and small businesses that don't get the exemptions. We need consistency and fairness across the tax system. Non of this pick and choose. According to AFP it has been shown in other states with no income tax that their GDP growth was higher. Did you know that our population growth has been slow because of the lack of opportunities in Nebraska? We are educating our youth and losing them to other states. You can find more facts on Americans for Prosperity's website and www.TaxFoundation.org.

Another thought... if a business receives a sales exemption and the tax payers pays the lost tax revenue from allowing the sales exemption who benefits from it? The end user and the businesses selling the product. And if the end user is in another state or country why should we pay for that? The same can be said about subsidies.