add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM???

Thomas J.
Fort Calhoun, NE
Post #: 184
I haven't been on this site for a long time so I may ramble (please excuse me if I do). I can see little differences between the two parties. I am much more conservative than a Republican. When asked about which party I endorse...I say I'm a Constitutionalists/Libertarian.

It's my belief that we DESPERATELY need at least one more party, two would be better. I know that there are already more choices on a ballot, but in order to matter, there must be hard core organization and funding in order (to rock the big two) and endorsements from celebrities. This is the only chance we have in order to appeal to the knuckle heads. If they can be convinced that it's cool, who knows what can happen during the primaries.
A former member
Post #: 1,336
You place too much importance on political parties and not enough on movements and PACs. Find the issues you find important and join organizations supporting your issues. Support PACs like to help make a difference.
Richard E.
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 1,329
I believe most here are aware of how I feel. I left the GOP in 1996 after seeing the writing on the wall. The Reagan Revolution lasted only as long as it's namesake as the old "Goldwater Faction" resumed control. When you compromise your principles you are no better than your opponents! I believe there is no hope for the GOP. I no longer adhere to supporting a party and, as such, am non-partisan, conservative and constitutionalist ala George Washington. TRUST AND VERIFY!
Richard E.
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 1,330
George W. Bush's Daughter: Hillary Should Run

Thursday, 15 Aug 2013 11:44 PM

By Matthew Auerbach

Hillary Clinton has received some encouragement for a 2016 Presidential run from an unexpected source: President George W. Bush’s daughter Barbara, Politico reports.

In an upcoming interview with People magazine, the 31-year old Bush called Clinton “unbelievably accomplished” and said she wants to see the former secretary of state declare her candidacy.

Although she’s in favor of Clinton mounting a campaign, Bush did not go so far as to say she would cast a vote for her.
“I don’t know who she’d be running against,” said Bush, who is politically unaffiliated but has thrown her support behind gay marriage.

Bush’s thoughts on a potential presidential run by Clinton were a sidebar in an interview done mostly to promote her work as the CEO of the nonprofit Global Health Corps., through which she has struck up partnerships with the Clinton Health Access Initiative and Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign.

“We want results,” Bush said.

“We work with people doing great work.”

Two subjects Bush stayed away from: a possible run for the White House by her uncle, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and her dad’s recent heart surgery.

The article will appear in the Aug. 26 issue of People magazine.