addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Anti-Social Social (ASS) Club Message Board › is it too early to be thinking Ren Fest?

is it too early to be thinking Ren Fest?

7rOuble
user 9042787
Columbia, MD
Post #: 56
So, are we going to do this or what?!? I mean, show up in mASS, eclectic crew that we are, and show the pedestrians what it is to be an ASS! I'm talking costumes; someone at the Ram's Head mentioned Pirates day?

We don't have to dress along the same theme, just dress and transport yourself to a time and place where inhibitions waft away from you like so much fairy dust.

This would be a REALLY good exercise for the INFPs among us. Come out and be who you are in your mind, and make all the quiet beauty you have locked up in that head of yours real, if only for a night.

If you start looking on Ebay now you'll probably be able to pick up some great stuff for cheap.

I'm still thinking "coat of arms"...?

Anybody game?

A former member
Post #: 27
I do have my costume planned...I am of course in! Anyone ever been to the PA Fair? I hear a lot about it.

Cider..nuff said.
A former member
Post #: 136
Coat of arms on a banner. If it's on the smallish side, we can have it as a standard part of our meetups to let people know where the cool, smart ASSes are.

We could even have a Banner Making Party. I am not sure when Renn Fest starts but I know it goes into October. I HAVE to get back to work here, but we can be checking into that soon.

Ellen
user 8143916
Gwynn Oak, MD
Post #: 4
The MD Renaissance Festival opens August 29. Here's the link for complete details: http://www.rennfest.com/­.

I've only been there once, but it was truly awesome! (As a matter of fact, it was in 2001 -- shortly after 9/11. Just being there seemed to help everybody "forget" for a few hours, sort of like being in an alternate universe! Sometimes we all need to get a little crazy in order to save our sanity!)

I highly recommend it, and would love to go back!
7rOuble
user 9042787
Columbia, MD
Post #: 57
Okey doke. We'll have to plan the banner making party relatively soon, so we have time to create.

As for me, I'm out of here from July 30 to August 4 for a conference. After that, I'm all about the party. :-)
Lee
user 3391343
Bowie, MD
Post #: 3
I've never made it to a Renaissance Fair yet. For some reason, I have the impression that there's more of an emphasis on the Middle Ages than the Renaissance. What do people do there? Does everyone come in a costume? Please answer in seven words or less. ;)
A former member
Post #: 37
Costume optional.
Various shows.
Crafts and craftsmen.
LOTS of food/drink.
Very cool.
Oops - over the 7 word limit.