The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › Get your BEST work on a demo reel

Get your BEST work on a demo reel

Veleka G.
Actors,

In the coming semester that starts the week of April 9th, you can practice the techniques you need to get your best work on a demo reel to promote your talent.

And you will also have the option to get advanced training at a seminar at the end of the semester with a director. You will then be filmed performing in a professionally produced scene that will be put on DVD, which you can add to your current demo reel or use it to start your first one.

Your demo reel is as vital a tool for a professional actor as an excellent head shot and a well-crafted résumé. For this special service, your scene can be improvised or even written by you or for you. You are given all the options, and you decide.

And yes, the offer still stands for you to save $25 on the next semester by sending in a $50 deposit now. Write me today for more info on this at TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com.

~ TESTIMONIALS~

"Veleka, I felt soooo comfortable with you as the casting director, you were great as well...xoxo"
-- Joe McRae, Kenner

"I very much appreciate you driving and fighting for us, and the knowledge you share with us."
-- Janet Aube, Baton Rouge

"Just landed 7 commercial adds on a show for NBC sports...Thanks Veleka! :)"
-- Tony Severio, Pine Grove

"Booked for 5 days. St Mary Parish Tourism Bureau tourism commercial. Thanks Ms. Veleka!"
-- William Gil, Patterson

"I just wanted again to let you know how much I enjoyed being in your class this past semester and can't wait to start this next one. I can't believe how much I was able to learn from you in just 6 weeks. Thanks again."
-- Sam Messina, Baton Rouge

~ CLASS VENUES ~

• Metairie - Monday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting April 9

• Baton Rouge - Wednesday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting April 11

• Covington - Thursday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting April 12

Tuition is $275 with a $50 deposit paid in advance, or $300 at the door. Actors age 14 and up may enroll. Tuition for the advanced training plus demo scene on DVD is an additional $100.

~ ACTING COACH ~

Veleka Gray, a Blue Ribbon judge for the National Emmy Awards, is a native of New Orleans and a professional actress, educator, writer, director, casting director, and award-winning producer with credits in film, television, and Broadway.

She has shared the stage or screen with luminaries such as Sigourney Weaver, Joel Crothers, Ted Danson, Jobeth Williams, Ron Harper, Madeline Kahn, Elliot Gould, Dana Delany, Jameson Parker, Rue McClanahan, Armand Assante, Lisa Loring, Gerald McRaney, Michael Cole, Bo Svenson, Jack Cassidy, Woody Brown, Eileen Fulton, Larry Bryggman, Diana Douglas, Keir Dullea, Andrea Evans, Chandler Harben, Anthony Herrera, Fawne Harriman, Terry Lester, Gene Bua, and Margaret Colin among many others.

Since returning to New Orleans, she has been cast in five films, including "Flag of My Father" and "Flood Streets," and she played the role of Judge White in "Blood in The Grass" last April. She was cast in "Leatherface 3D," a major 3-D movie that was shot in Shreveport last August.

She is now casting films as well. After casting two films with her students, "Reunion" and "For Better, For Worse," she cast "Vigorsol Mystery," a short film for an Italian production company, in March.

As a coach, Veleka has trained actors for twenty-five years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana. In addition to the workshops and classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Hattiesburg, Jackson, and soon to Lafayette.

In January, 2009, she added producing to her curriculum vitae. Her first credit behind the camera was as executive producer of the award-winning short film "Halfway," which was shown at the New Orleans Film Festival in October.

Collaborating with colleagues in her professional organizations, such as ScreenwritingU's PSA and the Louisiana Filmmakers Meetup, she is developing other projects.

She is a member of MENSA, is vested by more than ten years of credits in both Screen Actors Guild and AFTRA, and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

~ TO GET MORE INFORMATION:

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in the same semester. All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

Being an actor is about making acting a regular part of your life. Join the actors in The Actors Alliance and network with the finest talent in the South. You'll learn how to fulfill your dreams and make great friends who share your dreams.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." -- Aristotle

"I will prepare, and someday my chance will come." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Great acting is a science...
Learn how at The Actors Alliance"

http://TheActorsAllia...­