The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › ★ HONING YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE ★

★ HONING YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE ★

Veleka G.
Actors,

The easiest and fastest way to build rock-solid confidence at an audition is to know exactly what is required and how to do it.

Confidence is essential to book the role, and it can be learned and mastered.

The key is to know how to read a script to find clues to playing your character.  Once you know how to get the role off the page and into your performance, you will be dynamite!

And your work will be taped in class and posted online in a private place for you to view and study at any time!

“I really liked the class that taught us how to walk into an audition. Thanks for the extra time you gave to each of us. That was another thing I especially liked about the class. You were never rushed and you never made us feel silly or untalented.”
~ Pat Cravins, Arnaudville, LA

★ THE COURSE ★

Starting the week of February 17th, join us for the next semester of The Actors Alliance where you can earn your acting chops in classes in Metairie, Baton Rouge, or Covington.

In each class you will be taped so you can observe yourself on TV practicing both essential and advanced actors' skills, including:

• audition technique
• character portrayal
• cold reading
• improvisation
• script analysis
• scene study
• acting for film, TV, and commercials
• AND conclude with a showcase with an industry guest

"So blessed to be working with Veleka Gray. Since the beginning of her class my eyes have been opened and I've been seeing films through a different lens. Because of her I have my first role in an Indie film: Blood Relatives!"
~ Zachary Harrison, Baton Rouge, LA

• Are you the Sage like Leonard Nimoy and Oprah Winfrey?
• Maybe you're The Hero / Heroine like Christian Bale and Halle Berry?

There are twelve basic character types you see in almost every movie, and you'll learn how to play each one and see which one is closest to your brand.  Then you'll attain the confidence to reveal your brand in auditions so that casting directors and agents can more easily define what's exceptional about you.

"I am elated to say that I got a supporting role in a film starring Anthony Hopkins!!! I am walking on cloud nine! Veleka, thank you for building my confidence and helping me to get where I am!!  You helped me get here!"
~ Kat Lindsay, Baton Rouge, LA

★ BENEFITS ★

• You’ll get an actors’ checklist you can use as a map to excellence.

• You'll get an audio program for your smartphone that will tell you exactly how producers think and what you have to do to impress them.

• You'll be eligible to audition for the next The Actors Alliance production.  Many leading roles are cast from The Actors Alliance students in class.

• And you’ll network with the finest actors in the region in a secret Facebook group and have hundreds of Actors Alliance graduates to call on when you need help.

“Thank you, Veleka, for wanting for your students to have the same you would want for yourself. That’s the mark of a true teacher! Thank you for that because you have for sure shown me exactly what I need to do.”
~ John Henry, Baton Rouge, LA

★ CLASS VENUES ★

• METAIRIE - Mondays - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., starting February 17
• BATON ROUGE - Wednesdays - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., starting February 19
• COVINGTON - Thursdays - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., starting February 20

Tuition for each semester is $300 if a $50 deposit is paid in advance, or $325 at the door.  Emotionally and psychologically mature actors age 14 and up may enroll.

★ FOR MORE INFORMATION ★

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Students accepted must be teenagers or older.  Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in other venues in the same semester.  All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

“Thank you, Veleka, for the encouragement and advice. It has been three years since I met you, and you have changed my life as an actor / filmmaker.”
~ William Gil, Berwick, LA

★ INSTRUCTOR ★

Veleka Gray is an award-winning producer, screenwriter, director, actress, and acting coach.  She is a member of Women in Film and Television and of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences where she has been a finalist judge for the national Emmy Awards for over twenty years.

As an actress, Miss Gray shared the stage or screen with scores of luminaries, including Sigourney Weaver, Ted Danson, Dana Delany, Elliot Gould, and Jobeth Williams.  In the fifteen years she reigned as one of the brightest stars on daytime television she had more contract roles than any other actor in history on such shows as The Young & The Restless and As the World Turns.

Miss Gray has been coaching actors for the past twenty years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana.  In addition to the classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Lafayette, Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria, Louisiana, and to Hattiesburg and Jackson, Mississippi.

She is currently in production for her sixth film, a SAG New Media feature titled Blood Relatives.  Her SAG pilot titled Making The Grade that she wrote and directed was screened at last year's Mississippi International Film Festival.  She is a member of Mensa and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com for information on how you can get started today.

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." -- Aristotle

"I will prepare, and someday my chance will come." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Great acting is a science...
Learn how at The Actors Alliance"

http://TheActorsAllia...­