It's been a while since we've visited Atlanta's favorite brewery. If you aren't giving out sweets for Halloween, come enjoy some Sweetwater and a nice evening with your old and new friends; followed by some fresh Indian food.
Every Wednesday in October they will be donating $5 from the sale of every Souvenir glass sold at our tours to Camp Twin Lakes as part of their Spin for Kids camp come out and help us send some great kids with special needs to camp
The Sweetwater Brewing tour & tasting is one of the MOST POPULAR in Atlanta. Come and meet other 35UP members to enjoy few fresh brews and socialize.
Gates open at 5.30pm and I'll meet you there. Lines do get long & Parking (free) is limited, but they'll guide you where to park. Taps shut down at 7.30pm precisely; if you know you can't use all the tickets, bring them to me and I'll re-distribute to other members.
Carpool is recommended, & we urge you to have a designated driver if you plan to drink. We are all adults and Organizers and helpers are not responsible for your actions or the actions of others. Please plan accordingly.
Sweetwater offers several brews for sampling year round; like: Blue, IPA, 420, Sch`Wheat, & GA Brown. They also offer seasonal AKA "Catch N' Release Brews" like: Happy Ending, Road Trip, Motor Boat, Festive Ale, Exodus Porter, & Dank Tank (awesome high gravity beer). These are changed around so there might be a new one by the time we visit them.
Tours - They offer couple of factory tours (frequency depends on the attendance) which run about twenty minutes and leave plenty of time for sampling & Socializing with your fellow 35Uppers!!
MUST: Be 21 or over and prove it too. After checking ID, they'll stamp your hand, give you a small plastic cup and 6 sample tickets for free. However most buy their Souvenir pint glass with 6 sample tickets for $8. The samples are much larger than plastic cups, and you get to keep the glass.
Check out the PICTURES from our last meetup there.
A few important notes:
- The lines do get long and the closer parking spots fill fast; so you might have to walk a bit.
- If you plan to drink, don't forget your ID & a designated driver.
- Taps open at 5.30pm, and close precisely at 7.30pm. So use your tickets before that.
- Print directions to/from the event, or write them down before heading there. Organizers will try to help; however they can't compete with Google maps .
- Make sure to carpool and/or have a designated driver. By attending this event you agree that 35UP and it's organizers are not responsible for your actions.
- Some of us always head to small & inexpensive Indian restaurant "Chat Patti" on North Druid Hill (one exit up). If you'd like to join us; the address is: " 1594–F Woodcliff Drive, NE Atlanta, GA 30329". Directions heading I-85 North are: "Right on exit 89, North Druid Hills. 0.3mi and Left on Briarcliff road. 0.2mi and Right on Woodcliff Drive." Chat Patti is corner restaurant Opposite Target and next to the Taj Mahal Imports. Please try to print directions ahead of time or save address for your GPS.
I will provide my cell and Text# on Day before of event to all Yes RSVPs.