addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Austin Area Triathlon Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: 50 Mile Flat (relatively) Ride

New Meetup: 50 Mile Flat (relatively) Ride

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for The Austin Area Triathlon Meetup Group!

What: 50 Mile Flat (relatively) Ride
When: Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:00 AM

Where: LIFT Cafe
215 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704
(512) 472-5438

Hey Guys,

We're trying out a new route (to me at least) this weekend. I've had a request for a long, flat ride, so I dug one up from ACA and changed it slightly. We'll be starting from Lift Cafe on South Lamar and heading south a little past Buda. This is a round-trip and I don't know if there are any gas stations/rest stops along the way, so come prepared.

This ride is a good opportunity to get in some long miles without worrying about hammering it. Average speed will be beginner friendly at around 12-15mph, depending. It's no-drop, but make sure you can do 50 miles.

The terrain is relatively flat compared to a lot of other routes. As a point of reference, riding Parmer from Bicycle Sport Shop to where it dead-ends in Leander is 40 miles with about 900ft total climbing. This route is 50 miles with about 800ft total climbing.

Wheels down at 7am sharp. It's hot out there and I don't know what the road conditions are like.

We'll probably grab a bite at Lift when we get back if you want to join as well.

Happy Training!

Tune

Check it out!