A bunch of things...
1) Today, Thursday is our LAST weekday game of the season. Daylight saving time ends on Sunday, so that means we have even less than zero light to play with. It's very likely that we will head to Stonewood Ale House afterward for food.
2) Future Thursdays will have us going out to eat, probably starting around 6ish (but show up whenever you want). Check the website for an up-to-date schedule, which should be up within the next couple days.
3) WEEKEND GAMES ARE STILL ON. We play through the snow. Just like, wear layers. And maybe gloves.
4) Not relevant yet, but it could be in the next month or so, if Busse is snowed in, our alternate field will be Maple Park in Palatine. Basically the intersection of N Winston Dr and E Rosita Dr in Palatine, IL.
5) We WILL be playing on Thanksgiving (Thursday, 10/22). Breaking slightly from tradition, we'll be starting at 9 AM because "people have family stuff to do." I personally think that's an hour too early, as in past years when we've started a little later, I've been able to play, shower, change, drive two hours to Madison, and still be a couple hours earlier than the food is ready. But maybe my family eats late. In any case, show up at 9 AM. RSVP on Meetup here - http://www.meetup.com/ultimatefrisbee-166/events/88736592/
6) Our only Friday game of the year, Black Friday Ultimate, will be held on Friday, 10/23. Per usual, this will start at noon. So you can show up after your shopping, or whatever it is you do on Fridays. For those of you who slated to work that day, you might just have to cancel those plans and come out to play. If you have any leftover snacks from Thanksgiving (and I use the term "snack" in the loosest of senses), this would be a great place to bring them. RSVP on Meetup here - http://www.meetup.com/ultimatefrisbee-166/events/88737442/
7) Saturday, 10/24, will be the annual Fowl Play tournament in West Dundee. If you've played before, or are on the Facebook thing, you might have already seen some information about this. Basically, it's a little tournament with teams mixed up (called a "hat" tournament, since traditionally, your team is literally pulled out of a hat. In this case, they want people to sort of rate their own skill level to try and do a decent job balancing teams to make it the most fun/competitive for everyone. Note that creating balanced teams is one of the most difficult things to do here, and I know the organizers spend tons of hours talking / thinking about it, so please try and do a good job with your ratings). To sign up, you MUST use this Google Doc form thing located here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dEdxMThkaVBXWkdZMFFiMUt6V3pFSmc6MQ
. There's some cost component, like $10 or something, which will cover shirts and food. There's also a Facebook thing, but USE THE GOOGLE DOC, since saying something on Facebook means like nothing. Historically, we have cancelled our Busse game in order to encourage participation at this event. Depending on (lack of) interest, we may decide to do that again this year.
8) This Friday, there will be some Improv going on at Schaumburg Tennis Plus at 8 PM. Alrick is a member of the improv group. About a dozen or so of us went and saw a performance a couple months ago, and it was actually pretty good. Details are on the Meetup site here - http://www.meetup.com/ultimatefrisbee-166/events/88733862/
9) Indoor Ultimate will start in January this year. Looks like two options so far.
-- A) Winter League through UltimateChicago.org will start on Monday 1/7/2013 at Chicago Indoor Sports downtown.
-- B) Indoor pickup on Fridays through SPUN (the Wheaton pick-up group run by John Skarha), and probably sponsored by UltimateChicago. At least, that's who usually winds up with the waiver. This year it will be Friday nights from 8-10 at Westmont Yard, starting 1/4 and running for 10 weeks. Cost will be $10/person/week. Last year, we typically ended the night at Two Brothers brewery.
10) If you want to get two tournaments in over Thanksgiving, it looks like there's going to be a tournament on Friday, 10/23 indoors, sponsored by Nequa Valley and UIUC. It costs $30, and they're going to try and play 6-on-6 with 4 guys / 2 girls. The details are on that Facebook thing here - https://www.facebook.com/events/435839869807031/
See you on the field,