Ever had a really bad online shopping experience? Did it make you think "this has to be the worst shopping cart on the internet?"
I know how you feel, and I'm happy to share; I love bad shopping cart experiences... personally I find it fascinating that so many businesses can ignore something so crucial to creating revenue.
Come join Shame On UX on Wednesday May 23, 2012 at 7PM and bring your worst shopping cart stories with you.
For our May Meet-up we will be looking at some of the worst (and best) shopping cart experiences on the web.
We will pick apart where the experience falls short (or falls off) and what steps can be taken to potentially save some of these shameful carts from the UX Hall of Shame.
As always if you have any examples you would like included in the discussion please submit them at http://shameonux.com/contribute/
As a small teasers, here are some of the topics we will be going over:
- Conversion funnels - the steps it takes to get to, and through a shopping cart
- multi-page shopping carts
- guest check-outs
- security and legitimacy signaling
- social proof and reassurance
- What else do you want to cover - let me know and we'll try to get it included!
See you there!