The following upcoming events provide wonderful learning opportunities while nurturing our shared passion for Ayurveda, the world's oldest holistic health science:
1.) The National Ayurvedic Medical Association, of which I'm a founding member, is now celebrating our 11th annual professional development conference! Such a lot has been accomplished by now thousands of members in this mostly volunteer, non-profit organization. The educational and networking opportunities offer benefits in our work towards the global transformation of public healthcare back to nature-based solutions through classical understanding.
If you are not yet a NAMA member, I encourage you to join now and benefit from attending this event which is expected to be the largest gathering of Ayurvedists outside India to date. Please send this invitation to others in your network and mention I made this suggestion - I'll be gifted $25 per registrant who hears about it from this newsletter first. This is our annual opportunity for professional fellowship, networking and learning.
When: April 18-21, 2013
Where: Albuquerque, New Mexico
This year's theme is 'Longevity Through Ayurveda'.
Years to Your Life, Life to Your Years
The unique and complete system of medicine of Ayurveda is particularly adept at bringing the joy and fullness to life that makes longevity possible and desirable. At the 2013 Conference presentations and discussions will focus on answering questions of how Ayurveda makes longevity possible. We'll explore how the practices of Ayurveda add 'rasa' (ENJOYMENT) to life from beginning to end; and, when/if health is compromised, how Ayurveda's rejuvenative therapies can bring back health and well being. Presenters will address how Ayurveda honors all stages of life and looks at the purpose of longevity in the broader view of quality and quantity of years. Join the National Ayurvedic Medical Association, its Board of Directors, Advisors, Members and friends for a weekend of exploration and deeper journey into the wisdom of Ayurveda. This is a most excellent opportunity for us to come together in community to learn and celebrate!
Included for this conference:
Focus on Clinical Practice Presentations:
2 continuing education Practicums for Practitioners and advanced students of Ayurveda
Active practice sessions for hands-on and exploration
Sessions on Spiritual Growth and Exploring Life's Meaning through the unique lens of Ayurveda and the other Vedic sciences of Yoga, Jyotish, and Vastu
Products, services, and information from Sponsors and Exhibitors throughout the conference
…and so much more!
2. The Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America is presenting its 7th international conference in Vancouver, B.C. on the topic of 'Ayurveda & Metabolic Disorders'. My presentation will be on 'Prevention of Metabolic Disorders According to Ayurveda'. This conference will be of interest to professional health care providers to help underand how metabolic disorder can be managed according to classical medicine. My presentation will cover the critical messages of ancient concepts such as 'Agni', 'DinaCharya', 'Shad Rasa' and 'Gyana Maya Kosha', the psychology of choice and the role of acculturalization in self-healing. This will be a very powerful event bringing together skilled practitioners, researchers and presenters. Our community will become stronger, both internally and in relation to the larger health care community. Please do join with us and pass this on!
When: June 8-9, 2013
Where: Asia Centre, University of British Columbia
Contact: www.aapna.org or [address removed]
3.) The Vancouver Institute of Holistic Nutrition presents its 3rd annual 70-hr. summer school Ayurveda Studies Program. This program introduces you to an in-depth overview of the world's oldest holistic health science. Learn how ancient Ayurveda is so relevant in today's quest for true health and balance of the individual, the family, the community and the society as a whole. Please visit my website to view comments from prior graduates. This program is a life-changer!
When: August 6-31, 2013
Where: 604 West Broadway #300, Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact: [address removed][masked]
The Institute of Holistic Nutrition
Presents the third annual summer intensive P.C.T.I.A. approved Continuing Education certificate course
Ayurveda Studies Program 2013 (70hrs.)
Instructor: Jaisri Lambert, Ayurveda Practitioner and Consultant of 30+ years experience.
*Do you wish to enhance your professional health care provider skills?
*Do you need to deeply understand and focus on your self-healing?
Please join us to participate in this unique life-changing professional development program. We will focus on the following sub-topics of Ayurveda:
*Shad darshan- philosophies and cosmology
*Srotamsi- channel systems
*Mahabhutas- five great constructing elements
*Prinam (nutrition, assimilation)
*Dosha (vata, pitta, kapha)
*Shad rasa- 6 tastes and bio-chemistry of nutrition according to Ayurveda
*Manas- rajas, satva, tamas (psychology and modes of thinking)
*Dinacharya- daily routine
*Home remedies- common herb and spices & their properties
*Dhatus- physiology according to Ayurveda
*Marma- touch therapy
*Case study practice
Investment: $1370 + HST
Date: August 6-30, 2013. Weekdays: 9am-12:45pm
Graduation Ceremony: Aug 30th 11am-12:45pm
Pre-Registration Deadline: July 31, 2013
PLEASE NOTE: Space is Limited – Register Early!
Location: The Institute of Holistic Nutrition
#[masked] West Broadway, Vancouver, BC. V5Z 1G1
To register, please call[masked] or e-mail [address removed]
For more information about Ayurveda and Jaisri, please visit: www.ayurveda-seminars.com
PANCHAKARMA OPENINGS ARE FILLING UP FOR 2013 – BOOK NOW!
Spaces are limited for this summer! If you've been considering the benefits of Ayurvedic cleansing and rejuvenation science, now is the time to reserve and secure your individually tailored program. For more information about Panchakarma, please visit my website below and call with your personal enquiries. Summer is very pleasant in the northwest to experience the wonderful effects of classical health building!
MARKET SURVEY FOR TURIYA THERAPY SEMINARS in Sept. 2013 – PLEASE RESPOND!
You may know that I've specialized in Marma Chikitsa (trigger point healing) since 1983. I'm ready to share the depth and power of this knowledge. I'm considering offering an intensive Level II Turiya Therapy in September, 2013. The dates would be:
Sept. 6-8 The General Session
Sept. 13-15 Vata Balancing Protocols
Sept. 20-22 Pitta Balancing Protocols
Sept. 27-27 Kapha Balancing Protocols
The curriculum is designed as a building-block format, so I feel it's better to register for all four classes together.
How do you feel?
Times would be: Fri. 6-9pm, Sat. 10-6pm and Sun. 10-6pm.
Investment would be $395 Cdn. per weekend if paid before Aug. 22nd, space permitting
or $1200 Cdn. if paid by Aug. 22nd for the series.
After Aug. 22nd, the investment would be $425 per weekend or $1600 for the series.
This survey is to request your feedback on:
A. Personal Interest:
1. Yes, I'm interested to enhance my clinical knowledge and range with this specialized content.
2. Yes, I'm eager to understand and actualize my self-healing through ancient Ayurvedic bodywork knowledge.
3. Yes, I plan to integrate this knowledge into my health and healing professionalskills and offer Turiya Therapy treatments in my practice.
4. Yes, I've wanted to study with Jaisri for some time.
5. No, this program holds no value for me at present.
B. Timing and Dates:
1. Yes, the weekend schedule is convenient for my lifestyle.
2. Yes, the intensive format satisfies my scheduling and learning needs.
3. Yes, I've long awaited the opportunity to learn this content from Jaisri and want to adjust my plans to attend.
4. Yes, the timing is perfect for me in my life at present.
5. No, I'm interested, but the timing could work better for me.
1. Yes, north Surrey is a convenient location for me to attend.
2. Yes, I'm willing to travel to attend this program
3. Yes, I feel it's well worthwhile to come and study this content.
4. Yes, the location is good for me and I'll need nearby accommodation.
5. No, the location is not convenient for me. I prefer Jaisri travels to my area.
1. Yes, the investment is so reasonable in today's learning environment.
2. Yes, I know the dividends will come back to me manyfold from this program.
3. Yes, I give a high value to education and learning in my life.
4. Yes, investment in my health and understanding is a top priority for me.
5. No, I would require a payment plan for Ayurvedic education at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey!
You know I love to hear your news!
Wishing you good health and happiness,
Jaisri M. Lambert