Vancouver International and Independent Cinema Group Message Board › Important updates-Please read

Important updates-Please read

Mohamed I.
user 7232672
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Dear Friends,

I have personally visited the Downtown Eastside Women Center, and they really need every penny donated. They are doing a great job helping women in the East Side area and their resources are limited.

Reel Causes share of ticket sales from November 20th event-Pray The Devil Back To Hell- will be ALL donated to the DownTown East Side Women Center.

Reel Causes also managed to invite Leymah Gbowee for a Skype Q&A session after the film.

Leymah-The Subject of the film- is an African peace activist responsible for organizing a peace movement that brought an end to the Second Liberian Civil War in 2003. Unfortunately the great work that her group did in 2003 was overshadowed by the Iraq War.

I need your help with:

1) Coming to the event!
2) Spreading the word about it, especially to people or media contacts whose field of work might be relevant to WOMEN or AFRICAN issues.

Finally, Its not only the Charity side, but as you see we have an Award Winning Documentary and a very high profile speaker and of course a good cause to support in our city, Tickets are only 7$!

I hope to see you all there!

Mohamed