addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Ventura Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › REFRESHMENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

REFRESHMENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Brian P.
user 2484494
Ventura, CA
Post #: 6
REFRESHMENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
At the last meeting of AU Ventura, we offered coffee, cookies and water to our attendees to foster an environment conducive to people sticking around and chatting with one another. It went perfectly. I think one of the main reasons we gather like this is to meet other people, to make friends and to know others in our community. 20 minutes of chatting over coffee and cookies did more good to help to form a friendly atheist community than a whole year of advertising in the VC Reporter!

In order to keep this up every meeting, we need volunteers! This is what?s involved: Procure a flat of bottled water, some munchies like cookies or brownies (you could make them yourself!) and a $12 box of coffee from Starbucks (twenty feet from the Library, you?ll need to call them earlier in the day to make sure its ready when you arrive). Show up to the meeting and see all the smiling faces! Afterwards, make sure that everything is completely cleaned up as we could lose the room if we leave any sort of mess. You will be able to recover any reasonable amount you spent on the refreshments not covered by the donation cup by invoicing AU. Be a hero to us all and get back every dime you spend! Drop me a line if you are interested. I?m looking for a different person every meeting. I do need a volunteer for next Monday?s meeting; this is your big chance!

Starbucks on Main and Chestnut
607 E. Main Street
Ventura, CA 93001
805-648-2489
Javier
user 5451140
Ventura, CA
Post #: 2
aahg, I won't be able to make the meeting because I work nights and I work monday, maybe we should have some meeting on the weekends where I can make it.