The MD/DC Volleyball Meetup Group Message Board › Greetings fellow Earthlings & volleyball fanatics, sorry for the delays.....

Greetings fellow Earthlings & volleyball fanatics, sorry for the delays.....

Steverino
user 3938290
Group Organizer
Kensington, MD
Post #: 153
Hello there, you all!
I have been very busy with gearing up for Volleyball officiating season, getting certified, taking my NFHS exams in Maryland and Virginia......AND the gyms have been closed until about 3 days ago, so my fervent apologies for appearing as if I had disappeared. I haven't.

That said, I have posted the MD/DC VB weekly schedule through the end of March. I will be adding in the weekly nights for Damascus, Plum Gar, Germantown Community Centers and any other locations that have VB nights weekly. Know that both the Thanksgiving Day and Christmas weekends will cause ALL the gyms to shut down for those stretches. Please plan accordingly, i.e., if you MUST feed your VB fix during those dates, hit VBH or CHampions or Rockville SPortsplex or Discovery Center or Bump Set Drink. The county gyms will be closed.

I am going to add in Damascus CC, Plum Gar CC which JUST re opened after being closed for THREE years and several other locations which have indoor VB. Come April, I may start adding in outdoor Sand court locations for those of you who don't mind mosquito bites and heat exhaustion (smile).

IF you want, I can also post upcoming VB leagues in the region and their prices for a team (SSB wants $700 for an 8 week season. Holy mierda!). I am willing to even consider pulling together a central list from you all if you want me to hook you all up so that you can form teams. My Winter Volleyball team is almost ALWAYS looking for at least One good man and several stalwart, reliable, accomplished women veterans of many volleyball league wars.

If I can get you all to contribute a dollar per month or $12 annually, I will be able to rent for us all a gym to play in on Friday nights from 9-12 midnight or even 1 AM. The location which I have researched is within 5 blocks of the Silver Spring metro station and has either Two or Three courts available. The funds generated would also pay for a monthly Happy Hour, wherein the first $200 of expense would be covered by the general fund. So, know that I would like to do more for you all but am limited by funds or the lack thereof.

IF you all can see your way to contribute $1 MONTHLY, I would greatly appreciate that. IF you all are willing, I will set up a Paypal or Google device such that you can contribute funds monthly or annually to the upkeep of the MD/DC Meetup. Please be so kind as to respond.