|From:||Melody Joy G.|
|Sent on:||Saturday, February 4, 2012 3:31 PM|
The basics -
* It's a 5k race (no, we are not doing the running) event and volunteers are needed to be "zombies" (continue for details on this). It is at Amesbury Sports Park.
* It is on Saturday, May 5th (Cinco de Mayo fun!) but it fills up quickly so we need to sign up early! Our group would be the 2:40 pm shift (zombies have to get there 2 hours before that for makeup and wardrobe so we would just plan to meet there at 12:30). After our shift we can stay for all of the evening festivities and people can choose to stay over and camp if they want to.
* "zombies" are provided full dress and makeup by the event professionals! We will look fabulously scary and definitely take lots of pictures!
* As zombies, our goal will be to stumble around and scare the 5k runners! We do not chase them (unless we see someone we know!!), we lurch around and perhaps come out from behind bushes, trees, etc. to startle them. There will be other "chaser zombies" but our group will be "stumbler zombies" - so no big exertion/stamina is required!
* It's $25 to participate but you get free stuff and tons of fun. If you are worried about planning that far ahead, there is a very good chance that if you find out later you can't attend, someone would buy your place from you. No guarantees, but it is a very popular event and, likely, others would want to jump in if a spot opened up closer to the event. Worst case scenario if you can't make it, you'll lose $25. But what else could possibly be more fun on Cinco de Mayo??!
* Again, we do not run in the race (unless you want to register as a participant and then we will chase you down!! hee hee)
* I'll let you read the whole description and the list of perks and fun explained on the event website.
* What I need NOW is to know IF you are interested in doing this! If we have enough interest, I will form a team and then send all of the registration info. to those that will be participating. So just reply if you want to join us and I'll be sure you have ALL the details!
Recap: There are lots of perks (free drink, party, etc.) and it would be quite a riot. If there is enough interest I would like to do the 2:40 - 6:00 pm stumbler zombie shift and then be there for the evening festivities. You can camp overnight if you want to and continue the party into the next day (details on the site) - I don't camp but maybe a bunch of you will want to do so.
Now, you can read ALL about it here: http://runforyourlive... and let me know if you would participate. If there is enough interest we can form a team like "Meetup Zombies" or something along those lines...suggestions welcomed!
We can join up with another group of zombies that Kristin is forming and spend a fun afternoon and evening together! Hers is the earlier shift if you are interested in that. My plan is to sleep in (you know, rest up so I can then stumble around...ha ha ha) and then be there between 12 and 12:30 and get ready to start scaring the crap out of people!
Again, the website...http://runforyourlives.com/locations/boston-massachusetts/zombies/
Don't sign up yet - just reply to me that you want to participate! :) This is sure to be the most unique meetup event on record!