Welcome to the largest meetup group in Sydney! Meet other local people who are interested in city and bush walking! This group is a private, not-for-profit group for people interested in walking in the Sydney and its outskirt area. Moreover, we have also introduced a series of social activities during week days such as dining out, movies, festivals, expos to maximize your social networking experience.
By RSVP Yes" to any events of our group is on the acknowledge and acceptance of our Public Waiver Section. You must answer the question"Do you understand that you are responsible for your own safety for this meetup" to be able to reserve your attendance of the meetup events!
Acknowledgement and Waiver The Sydney Walking and Social Meetup Group advises all intending and actual participants in any of the activities of the group that any or all of those activities may be considered “adventure sport” require appropriate physical fitness, competence and equipment and may involve an element of risk. Participants in any activity of the group do so voluntarily and in the knowledge of the fitness, competence and the equipment required and fully understanding and accepting the risks involved. All participants acknowledge that they take part in such activities at their own risk and will hold none of the Group, the leader(s), others involved in organising or assisting with the activity or any of the other participants in an activity responsible for any death, injury or loss that may result to them or to others through participation in the activity whether due to negligence, misadventure, accident or otherwise. Those inviting visitors on activities or deliberately or otherwise providing details of Group activities to others indemnify the Group and agree that in doing so they have made the terms of this Acknowledgement and Waiver clear and that those participating in an activity as a consequence do so in full acceptance of this Acknowledgement and Waiver. The Group, its leaders, those assisting in organising and those participating in an activity may, to the fullest extent permitted by the law, rely on this Acknowledgement and Waiver as a bar or limitation to any claim for death, injury or loss that may result from such activity.
You must read the public waiver section before you RSVP any of the meetup events. When RSVPed" Yes" to any events, you warrant that all of the information you have provided is both complete and correct and you agree to the terms of this Acknowledgement and Waiver and indemnify the Group, its leaders , those assisting in organising and those participating in an activity for any death, injury or loss that may result to them or to others through participation in the activity.
BUSHWALKING REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES:
1. Walks are planned ahead of time as best they can be. Sometimes unforeseen events require the organiser of the walk to change the date. If you've signed up, you will be notified if this occurs. Hopefully you can still participate.
2. Walks can also be cancelled. This is typically due to the organiser being ill or bad weather. Often these cases arise on the last minute. All organisers need to cancel a walk no later than 7:30am the day of the walk. Waiting later than that is very unfair to the participants.
3. You should always check your email and meetup.com prior to leaving your home before attending a walk to make sure there are no last minute changes.
4. If a walk fills up and you still want to go, email the walk organiser and see if they'll let you come along.
5. First aid kits need to be taken on all Blue Mountains or major bushwalks! I have one that I'm happy to let other organisers use if they don't have one and I am not going on the walk. Please make sure to return it to me the week after the walk is over.
6. Your walk ideas are encouraged so send them to me or another organiser. It would be nice to offer more walks so come on and volunteer to be an assistant organiser.
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Monday, December 29, 2014 8:00 AM
Wednesday, December 31, 2014 5:00 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:00 PM
Sunday, January 4, 2015 3:00 PM
Saturday, January 10, 2015 11:00 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:00 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2015 10:30 AM
Friday, January 23, 2015 6:00 PM
Monday, January 26, 2015 9:45 AM
Sunday, February 8, 2015 10:30 AM
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders