Bootstrap, an open source front-end framework, is one of the most popular front-end frameworks for building responsive websites. In this hands-on workshop, Jen Kramer will demonstrate how to use Bootstrap as a foundation in your next web design project. She will lead us in:
• Downloading Bootstrap and incorporating it into an HTML document
• Working with the Bootstrap responsive grid system
• Exploring Bootstrap’s core CSS, overriding this CSS using standard CSS techniques
• Incorporating Bootstrap’s image formatting elements and icons
• Creating and styling fully responsive interactive menus with Bootstrap, including dropdown menus
• Incorporating jQuery plugins with Bootstrap, including thumbnails, modal windows, and tabs
Saturday, February 8th from 9:00am to 12:30pm <-- don't worry: there will be coffee and there's a break in there =)
Doors open at 8:30am to get a good seat and get set up
5th floor, Room Havana
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA 02142
T Stop: Kendall / MIT
Street parking is available (though usually sparse) on Broadway St., Third St., and Main St.
Please bring photo ID. Upon entering 1 Broadway you'll check in with security. Tell them you're visiting the 5th floor.
Once you depart the elevator, go down the hall and follow the signs for Havana. If you can't find it, call Nicole @ [masked].
We're meeting in the room labeled Havana.
The total cost for the workshop is $50.
You'll pay a $5 deposit when you RSVP via Meetup.com; because we have limited space, this is to save your spot in the class.
Then, the remaining $45 will be paid at the workshop. We accept cash or PayPal.
+1 Young adult discount (girls 16 and under): half-pints are half-off if they're attending with you (shrinking the gap starts early, folks).