Smartphones and laptops and tablets... oh my! These days people are viewing the web on all types of devices. How do you keep up and make your site look best on all of these platforms, screen sizes, and resolutions?
Responsive Design to the rescue! Responsive Design is an approach that says your design and development should respond to the screen size, platform, and orientation of your device.
James Conway of C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions will join us to introduce responsive design and help us understand if it can solve our problems.
- Examples of Responsive Design and the kinds of problems it solves
- Some problems it introduces - responsive design vs redirect to mobile version of site vs fluid layouts
- Mobile First as a design option
- Media queries as the heart of responsive design - basic demo showing the simple mechanics
- Flexible images - basic overview and demo
- Flexible type - basic overview and demo
- Flexible grids - basic overview and demo
- Combining techniques for real world use - demo
- What to do about IE6, IE7 & IE8
We would also like to give some show & tell time at the end of the presentation. So if you have a recent project using Responsive Design, we'd love to have you!
You can whet your appetite for Responsive Design by viewing the great set of examples at MediaQueri.es