|Sent on:||Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:30 PM|
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS (One of the Best in the Industry) - Comprehensive Benefits
Relocation possible for the right person - No Sponsorship
Mid Sized - Successful - Growing - Private - One of the World's Leading Investment Management Firms, Based in the Boston, MA Area - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
My client is looking for several exceptional lead software engineers with strong technology leadership and execution skills for several key areas within the firm. Engineers will work in application groups focused on either, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives or other Investment Management Application Areas. These are individual contributor roles that will work closely with both the business side and the technology areas, but require the ability to lead, coach, mentor, & train other technologists.
These roles are particularly challenging, and the firm is only looking for the "Best of the Best, with the following key attributes:
The candidate should have a strong technical acumen with Core Java, Oracle, HTML, XML and other technologies in Unix and Windows environments, and should keep abreast of changing technology trends throughout the industry. Strong process and methodology skills are required.
Experience working in an investment management firm or in Global Markets of a large Investment Bank and/or any financial certification would be a big plus, although not required, as the technical and leadership skills are the most important.
The successful candidates will contribute technical and thought leadership to core architecture and engineering efforts, helping to set strategic technical direction, and delivering advanced capabilities for the firm's global, low-latency, high availability front office applications.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· A solid software engineering background, including at least ten years of hands-on development experience in a commercial environment supporting large, business-critical, performance-critical (Speed and Accuracy) development life cycles.
· A thorough understanding of advanced software engineering topics including languages, object oriented concepts, algorithms, data structures, inter-process communications, and multi-threaded/concurrent programming techniques.
· Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies - Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile or RUP is helpful.
· At least 7 years of application design and programming experience using core Java.
· Broad technology expertise in the following technologies; Java - Oracle - XML - HTML - WebLogic - Tomcat - IBM MQ - UNIX/Linux and Windows - JDBC, JNDI, JMS and other related technologies like Swing, SWT, RCP, etc. - Spring Framework - Messaging Framework esp. using JMS (experience with Active MQ will be a plus) - Prior experience using Rich Client Frameworks, & a Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technologies.
· Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a self-starter able to work without constant supervision.
· Willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment
· Strong delivery focus and ability to overcome obstacles and demonstrated experience in problem-solving skills and delivery of quality solutions
· Demonstrated client focus and relationship management skills
· A strong team player, with ability to work in collaboration across teams
· High energy, a passion for excellence, and a love for the business
· Previous experience with trading or portfolio management applications would be a very strong plus - Any work towards achieving the CFA (or related) charter will be a plus.
Department/Business Specific Requirements:
· Fixed Income: Prior experience using distributed computing, grid and/or cloud technologies is preferred
· Equities: Prior experience leading teams
· Derivatives: Former quantitative background is a plus - Three years of experience with front office tools in one or more of derivatives, fixed
income, equity, or commodity systems - Understanding of Derivatives or Fixed income instruments and/or a background in the development and support of vendor derivatives applications such as Calypso (preferable), Misys, Murex, etc. would be a plus.
If you feel you are one of the best, please email me your resume for review - If you look to be a strong match, I will provide the full details of this firm/role for you to review.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates