We Friends! Message Board › Snowshoeing trip

Snowshoeing trip

Joe
user 9250082
Littleton, CO
Hi everybody,

Looks like we have a great group who want to go snowshoeing. I am getting excited to go! So far we have 14 signed up. At this point we should be able to all fit in 3 or 4 cars. I am going to drive and can take 3 maybe 4 with me. I am wondering who else would like to offer to drive? Also it appears that any of those days are available with all you.... is that correct? I know it's still way out but I am leaning toward planning it for Wed the 28th and then maybe have Thurs the 29th as an alternative in case of a blizzard.

One of the possibilities I am looking at is just at the base of Berthoud Pass where the Henderson mine is just before the 1st swithback starting up the pass. That area is mostly wide open at the bottom of the valley. It has wide open views with lots of great scenery. It is mostly flat with the possibility of going off trail and getting into some powder. The snow there should be great. It is only a short distance from the main highway and unlikely that 4 wheel drive would be needed BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

On the way back we might want to warm up with a Hot Chocolate or coffee drink or more??? We could stop at the Peck House in Empire for that. I will check to see if they could handle us. More to come later.

Anyway we will have lots of fun. I can't wait to go on the first of what I hope are many showshoe trips. Also we could do some cross country skiing too! Much easier on the knees than downhill. Can't wait to meet everyone. Until then enjoy the season.

Joe

PS. Let me know what part of town you live in too so that I can start to think about some meeting place to form the carpools