addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

We Friends! Message Board › Snowshoe Trip Details and Party Bus meetup locations

Snowshoe Trip Details and Party Bus meetup locations

Joe
user 9250082
Littleton, CO
Hi Everybody,

It's almost here!! I hope everybody had a great Christmas. Please read this entire email as it has a lot of details that you will need so that everyone will have the greatest amount of fun from the event.

Party Bus pick up locations:

FIRST STOP: C-470 & Parker Rd. Costco parking lot(18414 E Cottonwood) along east end closest to highway. Meet at 10 AM-- Bus leaves at 10:15

SECOND STOP: I-25 & Hampden King Soopers parking lot along east side closest to Monaco St. Meet at 10:45 --Bus leaves at 11:00

THIRD STOP: I-70 & Ward Rd Park & Ride along west side Meet at 11:30--Bus leaves at 11:45

My Cell number is 303-475-1231 Please call me if you have any questions or changes in your plans.

Start checking into your snowshoe and pole rentals NOW Some places are already running low because of the holidays. Be sure to pick them up the night before we go.

Tips to stay warm: Dress for cold weather in layers. Be sure to have a good pair of winter hiking boots. The snowshoes easily strap on them. Tennis shoes are not appropriate. Have a extra pair of socks. A good tip is to apply vaseline or lotion on your feet before you put your socks on to help keep your body warmth in. Wear snow pants or some kind of waterproof outer layer. Bring a sweater, jacket, scarf, hat, mittens or gloves with liners, sunglasses and sunscreen. Bring plenty of water to drink. Bring some snacks for the trail and/or sharing. Bring a protein bar or something for energy. We will use a lot of energy out in the cold at the higher elevation. It's better to be prepared. The key to having fun is to be warm and comfortable. It's better to have too much than not enough. We have a lot of first timers going and that is why I want to give as much info as possible. Bring a packpack or fanny pack to carry your things in. Don't forget camera's, Trail GPS if you have one, etc. You might want to bring hand and foot warmers too. I have a couple of extras to share as well.

I still have not received eveyone's cell number and I would like to have that just in case we need to get in touch with you. PLEASE PLEASE send it to me so that I have it. I have several already but not everybody's

I hope that the bus pick up locations are good for you. I had to try to get closest to as many people as possible but it might mean a longer drive for some. If the locations have changed your plans please let me know. It will be imperitive that we try to stay on the bus schedule so please be on time for your location. Look for the bus. I will have a Meetup sign on the front window

The weather forcast for Wed is great. Sunny skies and 30 degrees for where we will be snowshoeing. It's sounds cold but when we get moving we will stay warm. The trail is very easy with only slight elevation changes. The snow should be really good. We will go in about 1 or 2 miles and be on the trail for no more than 3 hours. Maybe less depending on how everyone is doing. When we are done, we will go the the tavern at the Peck House.

The Peck House in Empire is an old historic hotel. There tavern opens at 3PM for us or whenever we get there. It's only a couple of miles form the trailhead. There you will be able to order the drinks of your choice. I will be providing the hot hord'ouevers. After warming up, sharing, laughing and awarding the prices for the contests we will head back down the hill. Hopefully we will all be tired, happy, warm and have many new friends.

See you all soon

Joe