Hey Wet Dogs,
It's been a great year and the party is looking good for Saturday with about 20 or more Wet Dog members already signed up. I project that thirty or more will show up this weekend. That makes a one in thirty chance or better to win the Brand New Necky Manitou Sea Kayak, because rules state only those showing up at this meetup are eligible to win a prize. This means that if you paid for your annual supporter membership in 2011 and don't show up to the party on Saturday, you are NOT ELIGIBLE for the raffle drawing to win the kayak. If you want to win any prize please RSVP and show up on Saturday or have surrogate person there to claim and take away your prize for you. Read whole email for itinerary and prizes.
Remember to bring: Dish to pass, See trip page
for what other members are bringing so we don't have duplicates. Bring a $10 or under gift for the secret santa gift exchange (optional). Bill Jackson's or other outdoorsy shops offer great gifts for Wet Dog members. (be creative) Bring lights and tinsel to decorate your kayak or the rental if renting a kayak. (Rentals still available) Remember you can get battery pack of lights very cheap at Walmart, CVS or Walgreens stores. There will be a prize for best decorated kayak.
Special Note: "In the spirit of giving this holiday season, please bring canned good donations and/or gently used clothing donations. Lisa will see that it is given to families in need, who are just getting settled and stable once again, thanks to the work of Catholic Charities and Pinellas Hope. Anything helps, but protein-based canned foods, sweatshirts, coats, hats, and gloves are needed the most."
Itinerary for Holiday Lights Paddle and Party on Saturday:
- 4 pm meetup time. Unload kayaks on the grass for decoration in front of the shelter at the Safety Harbor Marina. This usually takes about 40 minutes or so. As soon as your kayak is decorated we'll start putting the boats in the water.
- 5 pm - Put-in -Near sunset the festive armada will paddle out south towards Coopers Bayou and cruise though the mangrove trail. Paddle should take just over an hour.
- 6:15 pm arrive at take out. Load kayaks on cars and trailer.
- 6:30 pm - Dinner - Lay out food and eat dinner under the shelter with time for fellowship among members.
- 7pm Kayak raffle and other prizes give away. Wet Dog T-shirt
left overs will be on sale (if you want a specific Wet Dog shirt
let us know no later then Thursday
so we can get them to you by the meetup on Saturday. $20 per shirt.
Other shirts for sale are the Shell Island Kayak and Camp. BRING CASH!!!
- 7:30 pm Secret Santa gift exchange.
- 8pm or so we'll wrap things up.
(these are projected times so this may vary some based on group paddle time and other things)
Prizes: (Must be present to win any prize.)
1) Brand new Necky Manitou 14.5 Sea Kayak ($1,100 value) - Raffle tickets cost $25. (Purchase as many as you like by Friday, December 9th. You can purchase them by sending $25 to [address removed] using http://www.paypal.com (call Carolina Mike at [masked] if you have problems sending the money) Note: We are going to using www.random.org for the raffle so we need the tickets purchased before Saturday.
2) Head Light Camp Light
5) Prize for best decorated kayak.
6) Special prize for most prolific or active Wet Dog Member in 2011.
Thanks for the support in 2011 and we'll see you there on Saturday.
Carolina Mike and the Wet Dog Team.
Carolina Mike's Kayaking Adventures
Wet Dog Adventures (adventure club)
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Carolina Mike ([address removed]) from Wet Dog Adventures.
To learn more about Carolina Mike, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]