The Virginia Wine Club Message Board › Iron Bridge Wine Company, Amatuer Mini-Review

Iron Bridge Wine Company, Amatuer Mini-Review

A former member
Post #: 31
My wife and I had an evening at the Iron Bridge Wine Company in Warrenton, VA yesterday evening.

It was nice. We had a good experience with details to follow:

http://www.ironbridge...­
29 Main Street
Warrenton, VA 20186

We arrived at 6PM and were seated immediately. The restaurant is a premium wine bar with light fare and food specials. There are two floors of seating, and we were seated upstairs. The building is historic with some parts restored, and some parts renovated. Lighting is low and intimate. Many professional wine preservation and serving pieces of equipment are visible around the restaurant. The atmosphere is laid-back and up-scale, but casual.

The wine list is a little small, but has many good selections including some 2007 Pearmunds. I had a Pinot Noir and a Primitivo, while my wife had a Reisling, all which were good and served properly. For our special day, free Champagne was served without request.

Everything was spaced out and served over two hours.

The food overall was very very good and helped us enjoy our wine. We sampled vegetarian pizza, fresh lobster bisque, a cheese fondue and fruit plate, and an arugula salad. I decided to have a special and ordered a 16oz. N.Y. Strip Steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The Steak was ordered medium-well and came decidedly rare. The lobster bisque was extremely light on the liquor, which detracted from the quintessential "bisque" flavor. The number of entrees to choose from is limited. Conversely, there are a wealth of appetizers to choose from. The fondue was divine.

The service was respectable and fairly attentive. Wait staff are at least somewhat educated about wine and its relationship to food. They can discuss wines on the list and make recommendations.

Wine glasses are 7-13 dollars, and appetizers are around 9-12. A "large plate special" like the N.Y. Strip Steak is 34 dollars.

There was a selection of about a half-dozen desserts, including brulee, apple crisp, bread pudding, chocolate pate. My wife chose the bread pudding, and said it was excellent. It was served with a raspberry sauce.

We enjoyed our visit and we intend to return to the Iron Bridge Wine Company again.