"The Minnesota Wine Meetup" Message Board › Help us NOT PAY $5 to drink a wineries wine there

Help us NOT PAY $5 to drink a wineries wine there

DennisandEllen
DennisandEllen
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Last weekend on our trip to Cannon Falls Winery we brought 40+ people to buy & taste the wineries wines.

We were taken back by the $5 charge to open the wineries wine to drink on premises. Yes we had an opener and slowed things down for a bit.

But the winery countered by asking if we were going to drink the wine there.

We bring a LOT of people and money to the local wineries and will not be used by the wineries for doing so.

BUT as the owners of The MN Wine Club we need some help from our guests to make an argument of why we will not pay the $5 cork fee. We would like to tell the wineries our group spent $X at your place, and we do not expect to pay the uncorking fee. We expect Cannon Falls lost in excess of $100 in wine sales due to the charge people felt was excessive.

We can only do that if you can tell us roughly how much in total you spent at the wineries, wine, food, gifts, et al. If you remember please email us that information so we can forward it to Cannon Falls and future wineries.

Thanks,

Dennis & Ellen
The MN Wine Club
DennisandEllen@Yahoo.com
Karin G
user 40129442
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
I cut my planned purchase from 3 bottles to 2. I still spent about $39 there, but had planned to spend $50-60.