"The Minnesota Wine Meetup" Message Board › Alexis Bailey Wine Tasting update

Alexis Bailey Wine Tasting update

DennisandEllen
DennisandEllen
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
First if you are new to our group or events, welcome you’ll have a great time at Alexis Bailey, it is one of the top 2-3 in the area.

Second if you went to Cannon Falls Winery… we asked the questions this time and you can read for yourself, we expect no cork fees.

Either way a few issues for this event: First if you can’t make it please change your RSVP by THURSDAY leaving a full day for others to sign-up. We expect there will be people on the waiting list and we HATE No shows.

Thanks to Linked IN, Twitter and a few other places we continue to grow with quality people, the group has been great at welcoming them in.

We were warned by Nan the owner of Alexis Bailey that the driveway MIGHT be wet and possibly impassible. So you may need to walk 2 blocks down a gravel road past the grapes to the winery. Hint: Stiletto heels MAY not be the fashion of the day, you may want to bring along boots. The winery opens for the year the day before we are going.

Second we will have a reserved area for us to place our food to share and a personal tour of the winery.

Third, if you are new we typically all bring food to share and pair with the wines, anything from: Chocolates, breads, shrimp, grapes, meats, cheeses, your call. Helps to slow the alcohol impact and we ALWAYS have great food!

We have asked as usual for the smallest tasting to limit the time for a tasting as a group, 3 for $2. Then our group buys a bottle of everything so we can taste it all at our leisure. If you WANT a full tasting and talk, you can go to the tasting bar and get & pay for the tasting.

Lastly if you are bringing a guest and did not get us their name, or you have not posted your occupation, we like that information for name tags so everyone can meet & greet.

Ellen & I will be there at 12:30 to set-up and will meet & greet you as you arrive.

Following is an email excerpt we had with Nan the owner of Alexis Bailey,

See you Saturday,

Dennis & Ellen

Dennis,
When your group arrives we will start you with a wine tasting in the cellar and do a 15 minute tour and talk about the winery.  Wine tasting costs per person are $2 for 3 wines, $3 for 5 wines, and $5 for all wines. It helps if the group all does the same tasting.   I'm not sure yet how many wines I'll have available that day as we are still getting some ready.
We can give you a table for your group to set up, either in the cellar or in the tasting room.
There is no extra charge to buy a bottle of wine and consume it on premise.  If you go in the store and purchase a bottle of our Country Red, the cost is the same if you take it home or have us open it for you to enjoy at the winery.  If you order a glass of Country Red to drink at the winery, we will charge you $5 for a 5 oz pour which is about $1 more than if you poured that glass from a purchased bottle.
Let me know if there is anything else you need to plan the day.  Let's hope for a heat wave to dry up my driveway before then.  You can call us that morning to check on conditions.
-Nan

Alexis Bailly Vineyard

Thanks, Dennis.
We will hope for the best conditions next for our opening weekend, but if you can suggest the smart footwear, it may well be needed.
We do not have an upcharge for wine bottles purchased and consumed on premise, they are sold at retail prices.  There is always a good supply of chilled wine available in the store.   Wines sold by the glass are slightly above retail.
Can you try to confirm the number of people coming for us before you arrive?
Thanks.
-Nan

Let me know what you think about either re-scheduling or taking a chance and maybe walking down the driveway.
Does everyone have a pair of rubber boots?
-Nan