addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New York City Italian Language, Food, & Culture Club Message Board › Abruzzo Earthquake Benefit Concert

Abruzzo Earthquake Benefit Concert

Giada V.
pouwer
New York, NY
Post #: 29
Ciao tutti,

I'm sure you are aware of the terrible tragedy that has struck Italy Sunday April 5th when a massive earthquake of 6.2 on the Richter Scale took place at 3:32 a.m. (local time), with its epicenter in Abruzzo, about 10 kilometers from L'Aquila. There are 291 victims of the earthquake verified so far including 20 children and teens, and more then 1,600 people injured. Last Friday a solemn funeral was held for around 150 of the victims, a solemn funeral that was decided with a resolution of national mourning by the Council of Ministers.

An estimated 30,000 people are homeless. Around 19,000 people live in tents, with an outside temperature of 34 degrees and lots of rain in the last days.

The gravity of this event has touched me and deeply saddened my heart and the heart of so many also here in the US. The people of Abruzzo will need now, and for many years to come, help to rebuild their cities and their lives. For this reason we have decided, together with our partners of this concert, the Italian Heritage & Cultural Committees and the Italian Cultural Center of St. John University, that my May 3rd performance will be a Benefit Concert for the Abruzzo Earthquake Relief Fund.

I cordially invite you to attend and to support me in this effort to collect money for those who in a few seconds have lost loved ones, family members, close friends, children who has lost parents and parents who have lost children. Let's get together and help the people who had a life like ours, and that now have been left with nothing more that what they are wearing.

We cannot take the tragedy away from them, their heart is scarred for life, but we can help to make sure that their future will go back to normal as soon as possible, making sure that their homes and their city will be rebuild and be back to the normal splendor as soon as possible.

ABRUZZO EARTHQUAKE BENEFIT CONCERT
Giada Valenti - Tribute To Love
Sunday, May 3rd at 5 PM (doors open at 4 PM)
Little Theatre at St. John's University
8000 Utopia Pkwy, Queens, NY 11439

Ticket $20
Premium Seating $35 (includes reception after the show)

For tickets call Theater Mania 866-811-4111 or Perla Entertainment 347-934-3219
Or visit www.theatermania.com or www.giadavalenti.com­

I invite you to make additional donations at the performance.

Please forward this invitation to all your friends and encourage them to come to show that we care about the victims of the earthquake in Italy.

Grazie e spero di vedervi tutti il 3 Maggio. Thank you and I hope to see you all May 3rd!

Giada

This benefit concert is organized in cooperation with the Italian Heritage & Culture Committee - NY, Inc. and the Italian Culture Center of St. John's University.