West Los Angeles Cycling Club Message Board › Hop on that bike in the new year!

Hop on that bike in the new year!

Jill
user 3554530
Group Organizer
Valley Village, CA
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to wish you all a very happy new year!  This is a great time to reflect on your life-- where you have been and where you are going.... on your bicycle of course!  We ride out every Sunday practically all year round-- so you always have someone to ride with-- NO excuses! This past year two people have stepped up to be ride leaders -- Stein is leading occasional rides for intermediate and advanced riders on Tuesdays and Saturdays-- for energetic beginners and intermediates Louis has leading a very popular Chinatown ride. Thank you Stein and Louis, you are terrific leaders!

Just a reminder, you too could be a ride leader and take us on your favorite ride. If this interests you please email me to discuss.

January is the time when most people have good intentions.... everyone wants to get fit, lose a few of those extra holiday pounds, increase heart rate, make more friends, visit the beach more etc.... We live in So Cal and we are so lucky (watch the RERUN of the Rose parade tomorrow and you will see what I mean) that our weather permits year round cycling. This is a great time to ride-- put a few layers on and come out and see what I mean. We have a great time!

Tomorrow, new years day we'll be riding at the beach, so if you can get up early enough and come on down, we'd love to see you. Wear warm clothes and bring some lunch money and let's start the year off right.

May this new year bring you health, happiness and prosperity-- and let's all toast to fiscal responsibility and let's move on with pep in our step and plenty of air in our tires! Please take a minute to renew or to join as your membership dollars pay for our websites and includes a cool t-shirt! I thank you in advance for your support in the past and now!

Happy New Year Everyone! Ride on!

Jill