Just Us Girls Message Board › Lake Marion/Charleston Weekend - details

Lake Marion/Charleston Weekend - details

Cindy Cohn
user 5929658
Group Organizer
Greer, SC
Post #: 157
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I'm so glad we have everyone signed up for our trip to Lake Marion and Charleston! We will meet at my house at 11:30, load the car, and go to lunch somewhere near my house at noon (I just found out Sweet Basil is closed for that weekend, so I'm looking for a suggestion). I do not know the dining situation at Lake Marion, so we usually ask a concierge where to eat dinner once we get there.

We will be checking out of the room at 10:00 Sunday morning, and driving to Charleston. Just to be safe, I made our brunch reservation for 12:30 at The Harbour Club, but I'm sure if we get there earlier they will seat us. We will be having their special holiday Champagne Brunch, which has a buffet of breakfast and lunch foods, and of course, Champagne! This will be $30 per person including tax and tip. You could give me a check or cash, because this is a private club I belong to, and my account gets billed for everyone. The dress code is business casual - as I mentioned - pants and a sweater or blouse will be fine (no jeans or sneakers or sweat suits).

Sunday we will be going to Cinebarre for dinner and a movie - all in one place! This is a neat place with 11 movie theaters (they don't have the movie list for that weekend yet) that have tables and servers, so you can order food and drinks while you watch a movie! The movie is $10 each, and they have pizza, burgers, sandwiches, and other entrees, along with all the basic beverages you would find at a bar. This is only a couple of miles from the boat!

Monday I have 11:45 lunch reservations at Slightly North of Broad, an excellent casual restaurant in downtown Charleston. If you eat breakfast, you can take something to eat on the boat (such as cereal and milk, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt, etc.). We have a coffee machine on the boat and a microwave oven. You may also bring anything you would like to eat while we are at Lake Marion. We will not be going out for breakfasts. You are welcome to bring wine, soda, juice, etc., but no red wine is allowed on the boat. The boat has two full bathrooms, and I have towels and pillows, but you can bring your own if you prefer. No hair spray or anything sprayed can be used on the boat, or anything heated like a curling iron. Bring one soft duffel or tote bag each on the boat (space is limited), but you can leave what you don't need for the boat in the car.

We will shop and explore Charleston on Monday, and have dinner there or on the way home (such as in Columbia). You will probably be back around 11:00 that evening. Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions. I will make sure everyone has fun!
Cyndi
seestrader
Greenville, SC
Post #: 4
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Cindy,

What a fabulous weekend! Thanks for letting us stay on your beautiful yacht and accessing your time-share; and thanks for your gracious hospitality!

The food was wonderful and the sites were interesting. You did a great job in organizing this trip and choosing fabulous places to eat! Great company too! It was nice to have everything run so smoothly!

I'd love to make the Biltmore trip, just need to check my calendar at work before committing.
I should know by next week.
Until next time! Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cyndi