Nous voudrions offrir notre offertes en français mais les organisateurs n'ont pas assez français pour rendre les offertes possible. Si vous voudriez être un hôte pour nous, pour un session en français (occasionnellement ou connaître quelqu'un qui irait) nous vous remercions.
Une petite description en français est inclus en bas.
Les francophones sont bienvenue.
Due to the actions of a former member - PLEASE NOTE - we are a fair, just, courteous, and frank group - we DO NOT tolerate racism, hate speech, religious intolerance, or abuse of our members. Everyone is entitled to be heard (in a safe and caring environment) and should expect respect when speaking or sharing.
Now some quick answers to questions you must have.
What is the Writers Support Group?
This is easy to answer, the Writers Support Meetup Group is a group created by several experienced and seasoned professionals from the writing and publishing industry who saw a need for this kind of group way back in 2008. That was a time when there were no other groups providing a free and social outlet for writers and authors in and around the island of Montreal. People, who may be looking for support, creative guidance and help, mentoring, advice, or just some socializing amongst other writers.
Over the years we have evolved and changed - sometimes offering workshops and seminars - other times mentoring and still other times just a nice pleasant social place to share. All of these offerings mentioned (and many more) still exist for the use of the members of our group - BUT you need to ask us if you do not see it listed OR if you would like to see something new added that is not presently being scheduled.
Our aim is to help and please our members - we seem to have done this well since many former members go off to create groups of their own which mirror some of the services we taught them or presented to them to experience. We must be doing something right - after all mimicry is the best form of flattery. :)
What is different about the Writers Support Group?
Well, we offer many benefits and what we will call "offerings" to our members that are not available elsewhere. We will NEVER EVER charge a fee of any kind AND we will NOT ask for any monetary payment for anything we provide. It is all provided COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE.
• We have a permanent location that has been negotiated (official permission obtained from both the security and the administration of the property where we meet) by the sponsor. It is private property and should be respected as such, it is a privilege to use for our meetings and we thank them all very sincerely. For those of you worried about noise levels - there is very little after 5PM. For those of you worried about security (yes, we have had a few writers who asked about this which is why it is here in the description of our group) - the location has both security guards and security cameras so that our members will feel safe and secure.
• Any offerings, are given freely and without obligation on the part of the attending member, they can choose to participate or just sit and listen.
• Any offerings provided are done so by professionals - with arrangements made ahead of time so what we offer is indeed available. For example, our mentoring program pairs up a member-writer with an established author (an author with at least 3 books published by traditional means - NOT self published - and that are available in printed form in retail outlets worldwide).
• We are open to any new suggestions by our member writers for additional offerings. Just ask us.
• We offer face-to-face meetings (group and individual), and for those who would like to be able to socialize, write with others, or chat - a 24/7/365 permanent chat room (located on our private and secured server) and forum areas accessible by the Internet to anyone in the group. Just contact the organizers for login details. Remember no one is obliged to make use of the chat room and it does not replace our in person meetings in any way. It is something EXTRA.
• And for any member-writer seeking unfettered publication for their book (remember - no one is obliged to take advantage of this service, it is merely offered here), in the traditional, considered by some the old fashioned way - that is published in mass print with e-formats as well BUT the emphasis is always on professional publishing processes done by seasoned professionals. What this means is that the manuscript is mass produced in printed (physical) form and distributed to retail book stores worldwide, no fees or charges whatsoever - (Please note: an author should never have to pay for anything to be published, they already did the lion's share of the work - they wrote something), printing and distribution included, marketing and promotion included, all popular ebook formats supported as a supplemental distribution through all the major online storefronts, and with a royalty rate back to the member-writer on ALL sales of 60%.
Who is the Writers Support Group here to help?
Easy to answer as well, Anyone who is :
• Interested in writing as a hobby.
• Interested in writing as a creative outlet.
• Interested in writing for fun and profit.
• An amateur writers or authors.
• A newbie writer or authors.
• A professional writers or authors.
• An academic writers.
• A writer of fiction, non-fiction, or poetry.
• A blogger.
• A poet.
• An E-Media creative person.
• A script or screenwriter.
Here is a brief list of some of what we offer:
• For anyone who wants to write something, but who do not already have an idea they are developing into a manuscript, we have a number of developed ideas (prepared for us by the authors we use for mentoring) just waiting on a writer to bring them to life. These story ideas already have a ready and waiting traditional publisher, ready and waiting distribution, and ready and waiting retailers worldwide. All they need is YOU.
• (Definition: A traditional publisher is a publisher that produces finished works on paper, with electronic books as a supplement to the printed work.)
• Also every writer should know that they should never have to pay for anything to be professionally published - that is the publisher's responsibility as part of the process of producing a published work, if a writer is charged for something then they are NOT using a traditional publisher.
• For anyone interested in the mysterious or the paranormal - called esoterica, we have a number of avenues for them to produce written works along these lines. Both long and short works.
• Mentoring/advice/guidance by established authors, for those in our group who are in need of specific direction in producing there own manuscripts and written stories.
• Interactive and Electronic Fiction, if you don't know what this is please come to a meeting or sign up to find out more.
• Collaborative Fiction, there are 3 forms of this.
• A number of authoring projects, for writers interested in joining a team that is working on a series of well known licensed works.
• Creative Writing.
• Coaching, playwriting, and screenwriting.
• Manuscript evaluation for publication.
• For those who want to learn how publishing works or even who would like to become a publisher of other writers' works, we have created a publishing company (yes, federally incorporated and registered) for the members of this meetup group who would like to explore this. Just send the organizer and message and ask to find out more.
• Joint writing sessions - for those who need the presence and stimulation of other writers, while they write.
• Writing scripts for a number of cartoon series, a full length film, and a television series that the organizers have arranged for the group with several entertainment companies.
Please remember, all of these things are free of any and all charges and there is no obligation at all to partake of any of them, pass the word around to writers you may know who do not know about our group.
If you have questions we would be more than happy to answer them so don't be shy. :) It can only help you in the end, so no worries. :)
Everyone is welcome (new writers, amateur authors, wannabe writers, and professional writers), anyone who is interested in long fiction (novel length), short fiction (short stories), screenplays, script writing, writing about technology, works of non-fiction, academic texts, scholarly works, esoteric works, poetry, or anything destined for the printed medium, the electronic medium, being published, and anything else that uses the creative expression of the written word.
Please feel free to attend any or all of our get togethers- meetings, seminars, workshops, and of course please enjoy one or both of our weekly socialize and critique meetings on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Don't forget about the online chat room that is available to all 24/7/365.
We do hope that you will find something of interest to you.
Important Points to make note of:
• Anyone who is interested our meetings and its specific focus BUT they cannot make it to them any time in the next few months, can request a one-on-one meeting in order to find out about the meeting's focus in a personal Q&A session. Just send us a message by using this site's contact the organizer feature, telling us which meeting and topic you are interested in and we can set up a chat.
• We are NOT a group for people just looking to promote or sell their personal services to our members.
• We are NOT a group for people seeking financial investors.
• We do NOT permit the promotion of other groups since that contravenes the agreement we signed with Meetup.com and could potentially cause us legal complications. Please refrain from promoting outside groups (we will warn twice before you will be removed and banned).
• New developments or upcoming offerings are announced on our messageboard.
Bienvenue a tous les francais!
J'aime faire des rencontres en francais mais mon francais n'est pas si bon pour le faire. Si vous voulez aidez moi, je vous donne beaucoup de mercis. :)
Rencontrer d'autres écrivains de la région de Montréal ou si vous êtes débutant pour apprendre à devenir un écrivain. Venez à l'appui de la Writers Meetup pour examiner les travaux, participer à des ateliers libres et des séminaires donnés par des gens qui sont dans l'industrie, le commerce des conseils littéraires, se faire des amis et amusez-vous! Tous les écrivains - et les futurs écrivains - sont les bienvenus!