WHO WE ARE
The Denver Yappy Hour Club allows dog lovers to meet other dog lovers in a fun, social setting that's dog-friendly. During the cold season, we have BYOB parties at doggie day cares in Denver. In the warmer months, we meet at canine-friendly bars, and even take camping trips in CO land safe for dogs. This group is open to any dog owner, and all breeds of dogs are welcome.
There are inherent risks to bringing so many dogs together in one place. To forewarn group members, and to avoid problems, this group has some guidelines you should be aware of and follow:
1) Have a Dog - Shocking as it is, some people actually show up without a dog! Mostly (sorry if this sounds gender-biased) guys trying to pick up women. Little do they know it's much easier to pick up women if you actually have a dog! Regardless of gender, you must have a dog! For obvious reasons I shouldn't have to explain. You can bring your wife, husband, friend, etc. but someone must have a dog. 'Nuff said.
2) Have Your Shots - Or rather, make sure your dog has its shots. Your dog will be interacting with other dogs, so please be certain you're up on your vaccinations, and any other precautions your dog needs to be healthy.
3) Play Nice - Your dog may be in the midst of a dozen dogs or more, and many dogs running around & sniffing each other can be chaotic. If your dog is aggressive, everyone will know very soon. If your dog has a history of aggression, please take precautions and monitor your dog during our events. I know you don't want the world of suffering that'll enter your life if your dog hurts another dog, much less another human being. For disclaimer reasons, it should be stated now that Pit Bulls & any other breed of dog prohibited by law within Denver are not allowed at our events. Nothing against your dog, but I can't shirk the law.
4) Potty Time - Yes, I like puns. It's a good idea to encourage your dog to answer nature's call before leaving for the event. When introduced into the high-energy arena of a dozen other dogs, many dogs get excited and lose bodily function. Even the best-trained dogs have been known to drop a deuce during a doggy event. Also, it's a good idea to carry bags to clean up after your dog, even if it went earlier.
5) Adults Only - Our events commonly have many dogs, running around, being chaotic. We also have booze freely available. For these reasons, this is an adults only group. All attendees must be 21 years or older. Please do not bring children to our events. The organizers already accept a monumental amount of liability for this group. Please don't add to that liability.
You will be asked to sign a waiver when you attend your first event, stipulating the conditions above.
Some people actually use social meetups to hawk their wares online. Really, it's true. To prevent this from happening here, I'm giving notice that anyone who does that without permission will be removed from membership. That without permission part is key. I don't mind members who work in doggy services to offer said services to members, but I require that you discuss it with me first. If your service is compatible with our group, and offered in a respectable manner, I may even plug you myself. But it's only polite to ask permission first. Even a dog knows you don't come into someone's kitchen and piss on their floor. 'Nuff said.
COME TO AN EVENT
If you've never been to a doggy happy hour event before, you're really missing out! I encourage you to attend one of our events to see how much fun it is! Dog lovers are usually kind, caring people that make good friends. I hope you make a friend here, too!
If you have suggestions for venues, or just ideas to make this meetup better, please don't hesitate to e-mail me through the Meetup site.
Thanks for joining and I hope to see you at our next event!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About The Denver Yappy Hour Club||December 18, 2008 3:44 AM||Amit|